Could we make a rare item drop rate hack?

Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
Could we make a rare item drop rate hack?
With the premiere club you get an artifact that adds +5% drop for rare items, which means there is a value in the game for how much of a chance you have for rare items to drop.
Would it be possible to find said variable and change it so rare items would drop constantly? It could be an effective way to get skins and good weapons until an editor is available.
Just a thought.
I tried doing your basic CE searching and editing but it kept resetting back to the default when I went into game. The good news is that the address was very simple to find. Hopefully somebody with a little more knowledge in this area can figure something out.
Alright, well I don't have that knowledge but I know if the value is easy to find it will be possible to make, hopefully we can get something going in future time or even very shortly.
Quote Originally Posted by Achiro View Post
Alright, well I don't have that knowledge but I know if the value is easy to find it will be possible to make, hopefully we can get something going in future time or even very shortly.
It doesn't work from what many people mentioned on the CE forums/
So I had went and tried it personally, it still didn't work.
I guess what I'm saying is good luck finding anyone who actually can change the value and get it to stick/work.
Would it work if you had 2 relics with different percentages? I heard on the gearbox forum that there are two? Not to sure...

Via CE?
Quote Originally Posted by IndianaBlob View Post
Would it work if you had 2 relics with different percentages? I heard on the gearbox forum that there are two? Not to sure...

Via CE?
So far i have only seen one and thats the vault hunter relic you get for pre ordering and it adds +5%
Quote Originally Posted by BadLuck View Post
So far i have only seen one and thats the vault hunter relic you get for pre ordering and it adds +5%
Yeah i've on;y seen one too, but I think it's +10%
Quote Originally Posted by IndianaBlob View Post
Yeah i've on;y seen one too, but I think it's +10%
ya the preorder one is defiantly 5%
Nope it's +5%, haven't seen another.
Either way we'd probably need the base value, I don't think we know what that would be.
Quote Originally Posted by Achiro View Post
Nope it's +5%, haven't seen another.
Either way we'd probably need the base value, I don't think we know what that would be.
Well if you haven't seen another then how do you know it's just +5%?

and would it be easier to edit your rank on CE or do you need a base value?
Quote Originally Posted by Achiro View Post
Nope it's +5%, haven't seen another.
Either way we'd probably need the base value, I don't think we know what that would be.
Actually , if we had the base value we wouldn't need any other - since we could change the base :P
Anyways , cheat engine does have a percentile increment option (increased by x% to y%) so for example a value that was increased by 4% up to 6% (1.05-1.00 / 100) on equip , and reduced by 4% to 7% ((1-(1.00/1.05))/100) (5.5%) would be a viable search , my computer is too slow to do that in a reasonable amount of time though , and double / float searches are........not all that fast. (we don't know the real value's type)
Quote Originally Posted by Hiz0r View Post
Actually , if we had the base value we wouldn't need any other - since we could change the base :P
Anyways , cheat engine does have a percentile increment option (increased by x% to y%) so for example a value that was increased by 4% up to 6% (1.05-1.00 / 100) on equip , and reduced by 4% to 7% ((1-(1.00/1.05))/100) (5.5%) would be a viable search , my computer is too slow to do that in a reasonable amount of time though , and double / float searches are........not all that fast. (we don't know the real value's type)
I found the value by searching increased value and decreased value about 50 times. Also, after more thorough testing yesterday, I got the value to stick 5% higher than the value with the relic equiped. If i tried to go any higher it would reset back to base value. Which leads me to assume there is some sort of hard cap involved.
Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?