[Help]

Posts 1–15 of 20 · Page 1 of 2
[Help]
Hi ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

how to make app that show updates , like
this :
and not with webbrowser
but not downloads , updates from crossfire eu site (events)
Quote Originally Posted by tynab View Post
Hi ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

how to make app that show updates , like
this :
and not with webbrowser
but not downloads , updates from crossfire eu site (events)
Something like this then: (Not made by me!)
Code:
    Dim WReq As WebRequest = WebRequest.Create("MPGH CF URL")
    WReq.Timeout = 100000

    Dim wResp As WebResponse = WReq.GetResponse()
    Dim T As String
    Using r As StreamReader = New StreamReader(wResp.GetResponseStream(), Encoding.ASCII)
        T = r.ReadToEnd()
    End Using
    RichTextBox1.Text = T
And then, you look at the code you get.
Then you can filter out data you want.
Quote Originally Posted by Jorndel View Post


Something like this then: (Not made by me!)
Code:
    Dim WReq As WebRequest = WebRequest.Create("MPGH CF URL")
    WReq.Timeout = 100000

    Dim wResp As WebResponse = WReq.GetResponse()
    Dim T As String
    Using r As StreamReader = New StreamReader(wResp.GetResponseStream(), Encoding.ASCII)
        T = r.ReadToEnd()
    End Using
    RichTextBox1.Text = T
And then, you look at the code you get.
Then you can filter out data you want.
Tnx , I'll try it
Quote Originally Posted by tynab View Post


Tnx , I'll try it
You're Welcome.

If you would like me to make something "noob". I could try
(I'm not a pro-coder so, you're mostly like better than me )
Quote Originally Posted by Jorndel View Post


You're Welcome.

If you would like me to make something "noob". I could try
(I'm not a pro-coder so, you're mostly like better than me )
Did you make this code xD ? cuz it seems pro to me ?
Quote Originally Posted by tynab View Post

Did you make this code xD ? cuz it seems pro to me ?
Nope. (said so)

But I could have made something like it. (Just I'm using C# )
Quote Originally Posted by Jorndel View Post


You're Welcome.

If you would like me to make something "noob". I could try
(I'm not a pro-coder so, you're mostly like better than me )
Did you make this code xD ? cuz it seems pro to me ?
xDa ok , i imported
Code:
Imports System.Net
Imports System****
Imports System.Text
now the code its good


---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 AM ----------

i started debuging and this line gives error Dim WReq As WebRequest = WebRequest.Create("MPGH CF URL")

now its working tnx ! but its still not like news updater


---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jorndel View Post


Nope. (said so)

But I could have made something like it. (Just I'm using C# )
can you make it in c# do you know c++ ?
Quote Originally Posted by tynab View Post

Did you make this code xD ? cuz it seems pro to me ?
xDa ok , i imported
Code:
Imports System.Net
Imports System****
Imports System.Text
now the code its good


---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 AM ----------

i started debuging and this line gives error Dim WReq As WebRequest = WebRequest.Create("MPGH CF URL")

now its working tnx ! but its still not like news updater


---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------


can you make it in c# do you know c++ ?
Erm, I can see what my nooby skills are able to do.
I'm not good at this so :P
Quote Originally Posted by Jorndel View Post


Erm, I can see what my nooby skills are able to do.
I'm not good at this so :P
ok
Quote Originally Posted by tynab View Post


ok
Dam, so nooby
(It's 10x Times easier for me to do it with web.browser to get the content )

Anyway, here is what I managed. (It just splits, and takes the release tagged ones.
(It's very nooby. And I didn't fix the HTML or the Title, in case you wanted to play with them)
(Regex or so it something you should look at )


Code:
Dim red As Boolean = False
    Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Dim WebC As WebClient = New WebClient()
        Dim MyStr As String = WebC.DownloadString("http://www.mpgh.net/forum/175-crossfire-hacks-cheats/").Normalize()
        RichTextBox1.Lines = MyStr.Split("<a")

        For Each ab As String In RichTextBox1.Lines
            If ab.Contains("b>[Release]") Then red = True
            If red = True Then
                If ab.Contains("http") Then
                    RichTextBox2.AppendText(ab + vbNewLine + vbNewLine + vbNewLine)
                    red = False
                End If
            End If
        Next
    End Sub
Tip would be: http://www.mpgh.net/forum/33-visual-...ml#post7156659

Since master131 know what he is doing
Quote Originally Posted by master131 View Post
That download page in the picture was taken from here:
CrossFire Hacks / Cheats

Probably just a normal webbrowser. /
Well, he didn't want it in a web-browser so
That was the "problem"
Too much code involved, I'm not going to spoonfeed, sorry. It can also be quite troublesome if they decide to change the layout of their site, so a webbrowser is the safest way tbh.
ok , i'll make nice website ans put webbrowser
Quote Originally Posted by tynab View Post
ok , i'll make nice website ans put webbrowser
Good Luck, don't hesitate to ask if you're in need of help
Posts 1–15 of 20 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?