PostHow To Prevent DDoS Attacks Through Skype

Posts 1–15 of 22 · Page 1 of 2
How To Prevent DDoS Attacks Through Skype
I've been noticing the amount of people putting their Skype names out in the open and then claiming that they are getting DDoSed (at least in this section) so I decided to post this here.


Skype resolvers? What are they?

Skype resolvers are tools that can get your IP just with your username. You don't even need to be added to have them get your IP.

Why do I want to be unresolvable?

Because you don't want to be DoS/DDoSed.


There are other methods out there, what's the difference?

Most methods require gathering a new proxy after it dies. TOR cycles through proxies, and it doesn't require you to painfully change after it dies.

What is TOR?

TOR is what we will be using as our proxy.

Tor is free software and an open network that helps you defend against a form of network surveillance that threatens personal freedom and privacy, confidential business activities and relationships, and state security known as traffic analysis

You can also browse the web with TOR, available at the TOR website.

How do I become unresolvable?

Open your favorite text editing tool, and copy and paste:
Code:
Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
ss= objShell.RegRead ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Skype\Phone\SkypePath")
ss= """" + ss + """"
'Add Block rule
objShell.run "netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=""SkypeBlockTCP"" dir=out action=block program=" + ss + " enable=yes protocol=any profile=any"
'Add Allow rule
objShell.run "netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=""SkypeAllowToProxy"" dir=out action=allow program=" + ss + " enable=yes remoteip=127.0.0.1"
'Turn On firewall
objShell.run "Netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state on"
msgbox "Your Skype is now TOR'd."
1. Save it as a .VBS file. It doesn't matter what you choose as the file name, as long as it ends in a .VBS file, you're fine.
2. In your Skype window, go to Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Connections
3. At the top where it says 'Use port (port) for incoming connections', replace the current port with '9050'. Where it says 'Automatic Proxy Detection', change it to 4. SOCKS 5. The host should be '127.0.0.1' and the port should be '9050'. Fill those in.
5. Restart Skype and try out a online Skype resolver!

If you want to become resolvable, undo all the steps that you've done, and open your favourite text editor. Copy and paste:
Code:
Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
objShell.run "netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name=""SkypeBlockTCP"""
objShell.run "netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name=""SkypeAllowToProxy"""
msgbox "Skype isn't TOR'd."
Once again, save it as a .VBS and run it. Restart your Skype for changes to become in effect.

What it should look like once you're done
Great Tut, Thanks!
Quote Originally Posted by Kinster View Post
Great Tut, Thanks!
np. I did this a while back. Didn't feel like typing all of it up so I just copied and pasted someone else's tut.
Quote Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
np. I did this a while back. Didn't feel like typing all of it up so I just copied and pasted someone else's tut.
Well it's still very helpful and hopefully users on MPGH will use it and not have as many issues
Quote Originally Posted by Kinster View Post
Well it's still very helpful and hopefully users on MPGH will use it and not have as many issues
Thanks. And yeah, hopefully.
Thank you this is very usefull
Thanks man. Really hope this gets stickied in the Buying/Selling section.
Damn doesnt work for me.. Ill just see if it works later.
Quote Originally Posted by maximusdkcz View Post
Damn doesnt work for me.. Ill just see if it works later.
You're using TOR?
Quote Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
You're using TOR?
Yep its not working..
Dam when i try logging into skype now it wont log it can you help me?

After a very long time it just says skype countn't connect
Quote Originally Posted by DinoScripter View Post
Dam when i try logging into skype now it wont log it can you help me?

After a very long time it just says skype countn't connect
Just undo what you did a.k.a. become resolvable.
this doesnt work anymore.

just saying.
Quote Originally Posted by Peakz View Post
this doesnt work anymore.

just saying.
Can @Woodhouse confirm? I wanted to try this.
Quote Originally Posted by LanceArmstrong View Post
Can @Woodhouse confirm? I wanted to try this.
I did it a couple of months ago but became resolvable again because I wanted to test my resolver. I'll try it out again though..
Posts 1–15 of 22 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Need help?