Quick Question

Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
Quick Question
I want to purchase a legit key again for Dayz. As my original steam copy got banned. Where can I buy a legit key and do I need to rebuy combined ops or just OA? Also, after I get the key do I just change it with Darky's and set it so steam won't change the key back to the original?
Quote Originally Posted by Daelso View Post
I want to purchase a legit key again for Dayz. As my original steam copy got banned. Where can I buy a legit key and do I need to rebuy combined ops or just OA? Also, after I get the key do I just change it with Darky's and set it so steam won't change the key back to the original?
Just make another Steam account and buy Arma 2: OA. There was a thread posted on how to stop Steam from changing you key back. To be honest, I would just use Six or Commander.
You only need to re-buy OA, also use DayZ commander and make sure the launch through Steam option is unchecked so Steam doesn't default back to the original key. You can use Darky to change the key, though you need to rebuy it on a separate Steam account I believe.
Quote Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
You only need to re-buy OA, also use DayZ commander and make sure the launch through Steam option is unchecked so Steam doesn't default back to the original key. You can use Darky to change the key, though you need to rebuy it on a separate Steam account I believe.
If I rebuy it on a different steam account will the graphics still be messed up as I would not have ARMA 2? Or would the only thing I am changing be the key.
Quote Originally Posted by Daelso View Post
If I rebuy it on a different steam account will the graphics still be messed up as I would not have ARMA 2? Or would the only thing I am changing be the key.
You would only be buying it on the different account to obtain the key, then you switch the key and go back to your original account. If you are planning to play DayZ then you do what I said about DayZ commander; for actual game usage I forgot how to prevent Steam from auto updating.
Quote Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post

You would only be buying it on the different account to obtain the key, then you switch the key and go back to your original account. If you are planning to play DayZ then you do what I said about DayZ commander; for actual game usage I forgot how to prevent Steam from auto updating.
Alright, thanks a ton!
Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us