RPG Server Update [MUST READ]
Alrighty!
So, me and my old server partner have gone back at it. We got hosting 2 days ago, and we've been working pretty hard on the RPG server I was talking about over on this thread: http://www.mpgh.net/forum/421-minecr...as-needed.html
I don't think I posted my idea very clearly on that thread, so I'll post it here. Please read as it's a very interesting server, a good idea, and it's original I can assure you. I've told it to many and I've only gotten positive feedback.
I'll start out from the basics:
There'd be 4-5 different tribes, empires, whatever you wanna call them. The original time period/theme of this server would be back starting in the Stone Age, so 4500BC - 2000BC. Now, the tribes would be like: Mongols, Aztecs, Egyptians, and Romans. The server would be whitelisted so you'd need to apply for one of the tribes and once accepted you'd be in it and could get on the server. Now, you'd start out in the Stone Age. There'd be classes, and basically would all be dependent on each other. It's a nice survival. For example, a blacksmith/craftsman is the only class that can make stone+ items. Everyone can access the crafting table (to make minimal stuff like wood tools), but to get a stone item you'd need a blacksmith. Then you'd have your average warrior, archer, builder, tribes man, etc etc.
(Classes are being discussed now for the server. If you have ideas, post them here).
Each tribe is separated by about 1000-4000 blocks away. Why? Well, it defeats the purpose of survival if they're only a few blocks away and stealing/griefing would happen on a daily basis. This wouldn't be fun at all. The objective is to survive, and go throughout the ages by leveling up. We have yet to decide on how classes will level up; whether it'll be money based, item based, exp based, etc. We're thinking it'll depend on the class, so for example, a Warrior will need exp to level up, and a blacksmith or w/e will need items. IE; 5 wood planks, 3 wood swords, etc.
The three ages would go from: Stone Age -> Bronze Age -> Iron Age (more to be added if the community grows enough). Basically, that's the idea. Each tribe will only have one thing built by admins: their spawn. The spawn will be worldguarded (and the ONLY thing worldguarded), but will contain the areas where you sell items, level up through classes, and read all information via commands, etc.
So yeah. It's original, a good server idea, and we're going through with it. Now, I want to hear YOUR ideas. like I said, we're still discussing classes and if you have ideas for the server for classes and what not please post here. We'd be delighted to here. Also, here are some pictures of the spawns so far:
Romans:

Mongols:

Egyptians:

Aztecs:

Obviously, all spawns are themed towards there tribe. Though, for Egyptian we didn't wanna do some boring ass pyramid so my friend just made this. He says they don't have roofs.
--
If you have any questions about the server feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them. If you're interested in playing please tell me now so I can get a nice lobby of how many we'll have to start out. If you have suggestions or ideas please tell me. Thank you!
@Smaug @Hugo Boss @ExGaming @tzele @everyone who was interested
So, me and my old server partner have gone back at it. We got hosting 2 days ago, and we've been working pretty hard on the RPG server I was talking about over on this thread: http://www.mpgh.net/forum/421-minecr...as-needed.html
I don't think I posted my idea very clearly on that thread, so I'll post it here. Please read as it's a very interesting server, a good idea, and it's original I can assure you. I've told it to many and I've only gotten positive feedback.
Server Idea
I'll start out from the basics:
There'd be 4-5 different tribes, empires, whatever you wanna call them. The original time period/theme of this server would be back starting in the Stone Age, so 4500BC - 2000BC. Now, the tribes would be like: Mongols, Aztecs, Egyptians, and Romans. The server would be whitelisted so you'd need to apply for one of the tribes and once accepted you'd be in it and could get on the server. Now, you'd start out in the Stone Age. There'd be classes, and basically would all be dependent on each other. It's a nice survival. For example, a blacksmith/craftsman is the only class that can make stone+ items. Everyone can access the crafting table (to make minimal stuff like wood tools), but to get a stone item you'd need a blacksmith. Then you'd have your average warrior, archer, builder, tribes man, etc etc.
(Classes are being discussed now for the server. If you have ideas, post them here).
Each tribe is separated by about 1000-4000 blocks away. Why? Well, it defeats the purpose of survival if they're only a few blocks away and stealing/griefing would happen on a daily basis. This wouldn't be fun at all. The objective is to survive, and go throughout the ages by leveling up. We have yet to decide on how classes will level up; whether it'll be money based, item based, exp based, etc. We're thinking it'll depend on the class, so for example, a Warrior will need exp to level up, and a blacksmith or w/e will need items. IE; 5 wood planks, 3 wood swords, etc.
The three ages would go from: Stone Age -> Bronze Age -> Iron Age (more to be added if the community grows enough). Basically, that's the idea. Each tribe will only have one thing built by admins: their spawn. The spawn will be worldguarded (and the ONLY thing worldguarded), but will contain the areas where you sell items, level up through classes, and read all information via commands, etc.
So yeah. It's original, a good server idea, and we're going through with it. Now, I want to hear YOUR ideas. like I said, we're still discussing classes and if you have ideas for the server for classes and what not please post here. We'd be delighted to here. Also, here are some pictures of the spawns so far:
Romans:

Mongols:

Egyptians:

Aztecs:

Obviously, all spawns are themed towards there tribe. Though, for Egyptian we didn't wanna do some boring ass pyramid so my friend just made this. He says they don't have roofs.
--
If you have any questions about the server feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them. If you're interested in playing please tell me now so I can get a nice lobby of how many we'll have to start out. If you have suggestions or ideas please tell me. Thank you!
@Smaug @Hugo Boss @ExGaming @tzele @everyone who was interested


![=]](/forum/images/emotions/=].gif)

.