.net Issue

Posts 1–15 of 29 · Page 1 of 2
.net Issue
Anyone here that's more technical than me, I'd like to know what's causing this error and how one would resolve it.
 
The Error.
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx (ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at TF2IDLE.Form1.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18047 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TF2IDLE_fireXtract
Assembly Version: 0.2.0.1
Win32 Version: 0.2.0.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/unknown/Desktop/idler.exe
----------------------------------------
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 11.0.50709.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
----------------------------------------
System
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18044 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Core
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18047 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18021 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Configuration
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18047 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Runtime.Remoting
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
----------------------------------------
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18047 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.




I have no idea on how to fix it. If it's of any concern, I'm trying to run an idler for tf2.
I hate how to me this looks like gibberish...

I need to learn this.
That's a call stack.

All I can get from it is that you clicked a button on a form, that caused the form to try and open (and execute via the windows shell) a file that it isn't referencing properly or one that doesn't exist.

Basically, it is trying to open an executable (exe) that isn't located where it should be, or doesn't exist.

I have no idea on how to fix it. If it's of any concern, I'm trying to run an idler for tf2.
Did you install TF2 in an unconventional location? Idk, maybe the idlers doesn't know where tf2 is and is making a shitty assumption (most hacks make shitty assumptions)
Quote Originally Posted by radnomguywfq3 View Post
That's a call stack.

All I can get from it is that you clicked a button on a form, that caused the form to try and open (and execute via the windows shell) a file that it isn't referencing properly or one that doesn't exist.

Basically, it is trying to open an executable (exe) that isn't located where it should be, or doesn't exist.
Makes sense, I guess it's trying to locate steam.exe but can't find it due to it being in another drive than C:
I wonder if that is resolvable with a shortcut where I suspect it to be looking for it.


---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

It did not, any ways to solve this without having to move steam to C:?
Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post


Makes sense, I guess it's trying to locate steam.exe but can't find it due to it being in another drive than C:
I wonder if that is resolvable with a shortcut where I suspect it to be looking for it.


---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

It did not, any ways to solve this without having to move steam to C:?
I was going to suggest you use mklink to create a symbolic link, but you can't do that accross storage volumes so you're basically screwed. TBH It probably isn't that hard to reverse engineer and change the directory it's accessing - but depending on how hard it is for you to just move stream, it might be more work than it is worth :/

Honestly though, .Net assemblies contain so much metadata it'd probably take seconds to decompile, fix than recompile.
Quote Originally Posted by radnomguywfq3 View Post
I was going to suggest you use mklink to create a symbolic link, but you can't do that accross storage volumes so you're basically screwed. TBH It probably isn't that hard to reverse engineer and change the directory it's accessing - but depending on how hard it is for you to just move stream, it might be more work than it is worth :/
Well, if you know how this is done then you can probably do it for me.
Until the original creator is heard from.

http://www.mpgh.net/forum/426-team-f...ml#post8298479

Any help other than installing steam in C would be appreciated.
Real men code in assembly and C anyways

procedural langauges are the best languages
Quote Originally Posted by programboy3 View Post
Real men code in assembly and C anyways

procedural langauges are the best languages
Way to go, not being helpful at all.
Either help or go away.
Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
Makes sense, I guess it's trying to locate steam.exe but can't find it due to it being in another drive than C:
I've got steam and steam games spread across 3 drives, no such error here
Quote Originally Posted by Horror View Post

I've got steam and steam games spread across 3 drives, no such error here
But I take it your steam is installed in C:, correct?
Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post


But I take it your steam is installed in C:, correct?
No. Steam is in F:, and both MW2/BO II are installed in C: (where my OS is located, obviously).
Arma2(OA) is located in G:.
Quote Originally Posted by Horror View Post

I've got steam and steam games spread across 3 drives, no such error here
I'm looking at the source code right now, and it makes direct references to the C drive.
@Gray what drive are you using. Easiet fix is to just replace the references to C
Quote Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
Start by posting in the right section...
Ameer, don't be mad at me

Quote Originally Posted by radnomguywfq3 View Post
I'm looking at the source code right now, and it makes direct references to the C drive.
@Gray what drive are you using. Easiet fix is to just replace the references to C
My OS is run from C (obviously) and as I don't want it clogged up from all my crap I have almost everything I run on my D:drive.
"The system cannot find the file specified"

^Your problem. You're referencing something that isn't being found. (Are you using an external reference?)
Start by posting in the right section...
Posts 1–15 of 29 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?