Thread: Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Help

Where does that go? That btw is my case fan cable. Idk where to connect it to. I connected the molex one to my power supply but where does the other one go? I don't see any other places I can plug it to.

Where do those 3 go? The USB, HD Audio, and AC'97 cables.
    And lastly,

That goes directly on my graphics card right?

Thanks in advnce.
    Last edited by Woods; 07-27-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    #1 I use them for my Fan Controller, apart from that they're useless to me. i have maybe 4 i don;t use
    #2 They should fit into some port along most commonly the bottom of the motherboard, on mine it is the bottom on the left side, you should see a port that would fit it.
    #3 Yes, two of them fit in the PSU two will fit directly in the graphics card.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to uhZylon For This Useful Post:

crex (07-27-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uhZylon View Post
    #1 I use them for my Fan Controller, apart from that they're useless to me. i have maybe 4 i don;t use
    #2 They should fit into some port along most commonly the bottom of the motherboard, on mine it is the bottom on the left side, you should see a port that would fit it.
    #3 Yes, two of them fit in the PSU two will fit directly in the graphics card.
    For #2 im not sure which cable plugs into which pins specifically because even with the labels on the mother board im not sure.

Also I have another question :P #4 on the hard drive and ssd, it has the cables like this one on the right of the picture:

What does the left cable do and where do I connect that to? I have an SSD as well, am I supposed to connect the other side of that left cable to the ssd or the mother board? Not sure where if on the mother board either.

Could you tell me what I do to hookup the HDD and SSD properly?
    Last edited by Woods; 07-27-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks

This helped me build my first PC. Definitely one of the best tutorials. Most tutorials on YT are 2 hours or so but this is cut down to the good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Woods View Post

For #2 im not sure which cable plugs into which pins specifically because even with the labels on the mother board im not sure.

Also I have another question :P #4 on the hard drive and ssd, it has the cables like this one on the right of the picture:

What does the left cable do and where do I connect that to? I have an SSD as well, am I supposed to connect the other side of that left cable to the ssd or the mother board? Not sure where if on the mother board either.

Could you tell me what I do to hookup the HDD and SSD properly?
    Left cable = Sata port/sata cable.
    SSD you connect up the exactly same. The cable is double ended and both sides are the exact same, one side into the motherboard, one into the HDD/S

Look for ports like this on your motherboard. If you can't see them, what motherboard do you have?

Where do those 3 go? The USB, HD Audio, and AC'97 cables
    Look inside the manual. It'll be stated there.
    Otherwise, look here;

Look at the corner closest to you (bottom right) and right next to it there are some pins. Inside the manual it'll show you where to place them, or it may say on the PIN backboard themselves. Additionally, the pins may be covered by a plastic surrounding/casing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Domokun_index View Post

This helped me build my first PC. Definitely one of the best tutorials. Most tutorials on YT are 2 hours or so but this is cut down to the good stuff.

Left cable = Sata port/sata cable.
    SSD you connect up the exactly same. The cable is double ended and both sides are the exact same, one side into the motherboard, one into the HDD/S

Look for ports like this on your motherboard. If you can't see them, what motherboard do you have?

Look inside the manual. It'll be stated there.
    Otherwise, look here;

Look at the corner closest to you (bottom right) and right next to it there are some pins. Inside the manual it'll show you where to place them, or it may say on the PIN backboard themselves. Additionally, the pins may be covered by a plastic surrounding/casing.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS - Newegg.com
    I didn't really understand what you just said about the hard drive / ssd part.

Thanks

ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS - Newegg.com
    I didn't really understand what you just said about the hard drive / ssd part.
    With an SSD and HDD you connect them up in the exact same way. Power + Sata.
    If you check the image on the link you just gave me it'll give all the locations of the ports you need.
    If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks

With an SSD and HDD you connect them up in the exact same way. Power + Sata.
    If you check the image on the link you just gave me it'll give all the locations of the ports you need.
    If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Ah okay well shit I need 1 more sata plug then. LOL.
    What are these for

Thanks

Ah okay well shit I need 1 more sata plug then. LOL.
    What are these for
    Along the bottom you'll find various ports.
    These are for your HD Audio etc.
    You can easily find what goes where by lining up the correct amount of pins + spaces.
    Although you can always check the manual that came with your motherboard for a worded POV. ^_^

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Check out linustechtips on youtube he is awesome.

Thanks

Along the bottom you'll find various ports.
    These are for your HD Audio etc.
    You can easily find what goes where by lining up the correct amount of pins + spaces.
    Although you can always check the manual that came with your motherboard for a worded POV. ^_^
    Ah okay I figured that out. Close to done. What do I l plug into my graphics card? There are two 6 pin sockets. Do I plug my 6 holed power supply cables into it and call it done or is there more.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Edit: How do I install this on the top of my case?
    COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible with Intel 1366/1155/775 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+ - Newegg.com
    This is my case.
    COOLER MASTER HAF series RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com

SHIT LOL I finished everything but it won't boot up. The fans won't spin.
    Last edited by Woods; 07-27-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Thanks

Ah okay I figured that out. Close to done. What do I l plug into my graphics card? There are two 6 pin sockets. Do I plug my 6 holed power supply cables into it and call it done or is there more.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Edit: How do I install this on the top of my case?
    COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible with Intel 1366/1155/775 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+ - Newegg.com
    This is my case.
    COOLER MASTER HAF series RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com
    For the graphics card, if there are 2 6-pin connectors put 2 power connecters in there.

For the fan, this is a CPU fan you know right? Not a case-fan.

EDIT: Or will you be removing the fan from the CPU cooler? ;o

Thanks

For the graphics card, if there are 2 6-pin connectors put 2 power connecters in there.

For the fan, this is a CPU fan you know right? Not a case-fan.

EDIT: Or will you be removing the fan from the CPU cooler? ;o
    Yeah ik now it won't fit. The metal sheets are ass to ass against the memory sticks, that's not a good idea. And it won't turn on. All plugged in and the fans won't spin. Idk where to go from now. QQ

Thanks

Yeah ik now it won't fit. The metal sheets are ass to ass against the memory sticks, that's not a good idea. And it won't turn on. All plugged in and the fans won't spin. Idk where to go from now. QQ
    Have you installed the cooler correctly?

Skip to about 10 minutes.
    Otherwise, send me some pictures and I'll see what's the problem.

Thanks

Have you installed the cooler correctly?

Skip to about 10 minutes.
    Otherwise, send me some pictures and I'll see what's the problem.
    Nvm I know where I went wrong LOL. I fixed it, I put the floppy cable onto the mother board. Woops. Anyways everything is running properly yay. My fran hooked me up with a genuine copy of win 7 for 75$ and I'll have to install that and drivers tomorrow. And possibly update bios. Time to rock planetside 2. oh goodiee.

Thanks

Nvm I know where I went wrong LOL. I fixed it, I put the floppy cable onto the mother board. Woops. Anyways everything is running properly yay. My fran hooked me up with a genuine copy of win 7 for 75$ and I'll have to install that and drivers tomorrow. And possibly update bios. Time to rock planetside 2. oh goodiee.
    Haha, well we all muck up somehwere ^-^
    Be sure to contact me if you need help.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Domokun_index For This Useful Post:

crex (07-28-2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast