[/Follow] Is it do-able?

Posts 1–15 of 18 · Page 1 of 2
[/Follow] Is it do-able?
Title says it all... Could it be done?
Quote Originally Posted by ClearanceSale View Post
Title says it all... Could it be done?
This doesn't really say anything.

Are you trying to make a command that follows another player?
Quote Originally Posted by C453 View Post
This doesn't really say anything.

Are you trying to make a command that follows another player?
Yes. It would follow another player around and copy their path.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Botmaker View Post
Can you explain why having the ability to follow a player automatically would be useful?

moving straight towards a player , would be a issue because of solid objects , and avoiding lava
Would probably need some kind of path finding or object avoidance otherwise it would be dangerous.
Fame Training. Lava isnt too much of a hazard with a level 70 heal pet and if its possible to follow another players path, you wouldnt have to run over objects. But if it just runs toward another player, than i can see where you are coming from and it would most likely just be babysat when doing something else. Like you can put auto-aim on, follow a friend and then just multitask while you run around.
Quote Originally Posted by ClearanceSale View Post
Yes. It would follow another player around and copy their path.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------



Fame Training. Lava isnt too much of a hazard with a level 70 heal pet and if its possible to follow another players path, you wouldnt have to run over objects. But if it just runs toward another player, than i can see where you are coming from and it would most likely just be babysat when doing something else. Like you can put auto-aim on, follow a friend and then just multitask while you run around.
Then just multibox
Quote Originally Posted by C453 View Post
Then just multibox
I dont want to have to do anything. Like i want to just be able to have it open, and watch a movie while it follows someone. This way i still have half an eye on it but are not fully commited to it.
Quote Originally Posted by ClearanceSale View Post
I dont want to have to do anything. Like i want to just be able to have it open, and watch a movie while it follows someone. This way i still have half an eye on it but are not fully commited to it.
Well then you will run into many problems. What if the person you are following leaves and no one is around? What about Wine Cellars, Oryx Castles, etc.
Quote Originally Posted by ClearanceSale View Post
Title says it all... Could it be done?
Can you explain why having the ability to follow a player automatically would be useful?

moving straight towards a player , would be a issue because of solid objects , and avoiding lava
Would probably need some kind of path finding or object avoidance otherwise it would be dangerous.
Quote Originally Posted by ClearanceSale View Post
Fame Training. Lava isnt too much of a hazard with a level 70 heal pet and if its possible to follow another players path, you wouldnt have to run over objects.
Sounds interesting, yeah it’s possible, but there’s way more problems that aren’t being explained.

Recoding the movement history of a player is possible, however the speed stat difference between the two players would be a big issue, teleporting would be required a lot of the time to deal with the desynchronization, auto nexusing and rejoining the correct realm would be a challenge, being able to follow the player when it leaves for a dungeon or vault would need dealing with, its complex but don’t let my doubt discourage you

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ClearanceSale View Post
I dont want to have to do anything
troll msgtoshort
Quote Originally Posted by Botmaker View Post
Sounds interesting, yeah it’s possible, but there’s way more problems that aren’t being explained.

Recoding the movement history of a player is possible, however the speed stat difference between the two players would be a big issue, teleporting would be required a lot of the time to deal with the desynchronization, auto nexusing and rejoining the correct realm would be a challenge, being able to follow the player when it leaves for a dungeon or vault would need dealing with, its complex but don’t let my doubt discourage you

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------



troll msgtoshort
Not to mention remaking the bot after every update....
Funny you brought this up just now. I just got of usw2 with my characters (multiboxing). I was testing a new /follow command that I've made to help with multibox synchronization. It is pretty primitive. It just calculates the angle needed to walk to some chosen player and walks that direction till it's within a short distance the player. It does the job well as I don't have to spam the teleport hotkey all the time. I'm going to do some work with a proxy I have working to send updates to all the clients I have running as to the where abouts of my character (to cut down on the client to server to follower client delay). I'm thinking about making a new packet type in the client which the proxy will use to send updates of my leader's position.
@nilly is there a way to send a key from AHK to HKN? because i feel that it would be pretty effective to use a timed teleport to synchronize every 10 seconds but AHK is hard to multibox with and HKN cannot use timers
Quote Originally Posted by gioseba View Post
@nilly is there a way to send a key from AHK to HKN? because i feel that it would be pretty effective to use a timed teleport to synchronize every 10 seconds but AHK is hard to multibox with and HKN cannot use timers
Whats wrong with pressing the teleport hotkey? I wouldn't want an auto teleport as there are times when it is nice to have the option to teleport available (someone rushes dung boss, an event pops up).
Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
Whats wrong with pressing the teleport hotkey? I wouldn't want an auto teleport as there are times when it is nice to have the option to teleport available (someone rushes dung boss, an event pops up).
for multiboxing! of course
Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
I just got of usw2 with my characters (multiboxing). I was testing a new /follow command that I've made to help with multibox synchronization. It is pretty primitive. It just calculates the angle needed to walk to some chosen player and walks that direction till it's within a short distance the player. It does the job well as I don't have to spam the teleport hotkey all the time.
Yeah I use the same method as you only its not built into the flash client it’s a custom bot, also I have a GUI with a list of players to select the player to follow and a teleport button.

Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
I'm going to do some work with a proxy I have working to send updates to all the clients I have running as to the where abouts of my character (to cut down on the client to server to follower client delay). I'm thinking about making a new packet type in the client which the proxy will use to send updates of my leader's position.
That would be amazing, being able to add packets to the flash client along with having a proxy, allows for some really interesting stuff to happen.
Lol, you could have another player follow someone to lead to their death.
Posts 1–15 of 18 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?