PostCustom Sounds & Music

Posts 1–15 of 32 · Page 1 of 3
Custom Sounds & Music
Okay, I have been meaning to post this for a while now, but I saw a post by @Stellar Spark and I decided to go ahead and make it.

Here's how to add custom sounds & music to your client (preferably for a private server):

1. Download the attachment below (when it gets approved).

2. If you do not have dr0pbox, get it.

3. Put the folder in the said attachment in your dr0pbox public folder.

4. Go to a file inside the folder, right-click, copy public link

5. Delete the name of the MP3 from your link

6. Open up your client with Yogda

7. Search the strings for "dr0pbox"

8. Change the links respectively




Virus Scan #1 (VirusTotal)
Virus Scan #2 (Jotti's)
sfx_mpgh.net.rar10.1 MB · 676 downloads Clean
Thanks a lot! That was quick, too!

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Also, what's the code that links to it? I am trying to create multiple music tracks for dungeons but I first need to know how the music and sound files are being handled.
Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Spark View Post
Also, what's the code that links to it? I am trying to create multiple music tracks for dungeons but I first need to know how the music and sound files are being handled.
Well, I've tried doing the whole dungeon track thing before, so good luck with it. :P

But anyways, I don't exactly know which file uses the code. The best way to find it out is to use rabcdasm and Notepad++ and use the handy search feature of Notepad++ to find a piece of text within an entire folder of code.
Quote Originally Posted by Travoos View Post
Well, I've tried doing the whole dungeon track thing before, so good luck with it. :P
Well, perhaps it's the same concept as the custom textures! The track links are stored on the client and then the server simply uses a string for it to do things like attach it to an enemy behavior or perhaps a dungeon-entering instance. Anyways, I know it's much harder than what I explained it as, but it's a possibility.
What do the contents of the .rar file do? Are they just sample sfx files or do they add the functionality itself?
Well, it's basically just a folder with lots of MP3 files. It took about 5 hours to do just because I had to go through every XML file and download the right mp3 from rotmg's website, and THEN I had to look in the client for any client-side MP3 files I had to download.
Club, i love you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo much
When I save the client, the output .swf is half the size of the original client. It also doesn't play any music.
Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Spark View Post
When I save the client, the output .swf is half the size of the original client. It also doesn't play any music.
Well that's interesting. It seems Yogda halves the size of the client. About the music, I edited the values to use a different folder and it still works for me.
Approved. Thanks for the tut.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Travoos View Post
Well that's interesting. It seems Yogda halves the size of the client. About the music, I edited the values to use a different folder and it still works for me.
It is probably yogda compressing a .swf file that was previously decompressed.
Ah, well that makes enough sense, considering I never use Yogda.
i tried to make a sniper but i cant hear the sound... Here's the code from it:

<Object type="0x030" id="Sniper Rifle">
<Class>Equipment</Class>
<Item/>
<Texture>
<File>lofiObj6</File>
<Index>0x0d</Index>
</Texture>
<SlotType>3</SlotType>
<Description>A Sniper Rifle made from Fighter.</Description>
<RateOfFire>0.29</RateOfFire>
<Sound>weapon/loud_sniper</Sound>
<Projectile>
<ObjectId>Black Magic</ObjectId>
<Speed>988</Speed>
<MinDamage>1215</MinDamage>
<MaxDamage>1289</MaxDamage>
<LifetimeMS>1200</LifetimeMS>
<MultiHit/>
</Projectile>
<BagType>4</BagType>
<FameBonus>15</FameBonus>
<NumProjectiles>1</NumProjectiles>
<OldSound>snipershot</OldSound>
</Object>
What file did you add to your sfx folder?

it should be sfx/snipershot.mp3

The OldSound is the sound it uses
Quote Originally Posted by Travoos View Post
What file did you add to your sfx folder?

it should be sfx/snipershot.mp3

The OldSound is the sound it uses
in sfx itself i have snipershot.mp3 and in weapon sound too, but the name is loud_sniper

Now i cant hear any sound sxD

-----------------
now my whole server cant hear sound xD All people are complaining lool

now im using a old client and a bit older server and it dont works still. wtf?
Quote Originally Posted by Fightera100 View Post
in sfx itself i have snipershot.mp3 and in weapon sound too, but the name is loud_sniper

Now i cant hear any sound sxD

-----------------
now my whole server cant hear sound xD All people are complaining lool

now im using a old client and a bit older server and it dont works still. wtf?
Ohh.. It's you Fighter
Posts 1–15 of 32 · Page 1 of 3
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?