How Do I Update A Bukkit Plugin?

Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
How Do I Update A Bukkit Plugin?
There's always an excuse with people who say that they will do it... So how do I do it myself? I have the source code.... but what do I do now? Don't I have to make a Java Class Package or something in Eclipse, then go to the properties and add the new version of Bukkit and remove the old one? Could someone help me with this? Thanks.
Quote Originally Posted by LordPankake View Post
Just set it up to look like your average tutorial(With the code you have already that is, just with 1.6.2 support). Then follow the steps and such to export it as a plugin and viola!
I did that, but it only showed me how to make the Java Class Package and basic stuff about Eclipse... which has helped alot. Through trial and error, though, I've gotten it almost perfect. I'm given this error in the console, however.

21:51:44 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Thor v1.6 (Is it up to date?)
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.ItemStack.usesData(It emStack.java:138)
at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.ItemStack.setData(Ite mStack.java:161)
at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.ItemStack.<init>(Item Stack.java:46)
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.inventory.CraftShap edRecipe.addToCraft
ingManager(CraftShapedRecipe.java:59)
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.CraftServer.addReci pe(CraftServer.java
:901)
at org.bukkit.Bukkit.addRecipe(Bukkit.java:317)
at me.DodgeDude123.Main.onEnable(Main.java:49)
at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaP lugin.java:217)
at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlug in(JavaPluginLoader
.java:457)
at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin (SimplePluginManage
r.java:381)
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.CraftServer.loadPlu gin(CraftServer.jav
a:282)
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.CraftServer.enableP lugins(CraftServer.
java:264)
at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.l(Min ecraftServer.java:3
13)
at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.f(Min ecraftServer.java:2
90)
at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.a(Min ecraftServer.java:2
50)
at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.DedicatedServer.init( DedicatedServer.jav
a:151)
at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.run(M inecraftServer.java
:391)
at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.ThreadServerApplicati on.run(SourceFile:5
82)


What is left for me to do? There are no errors left (only green triangles indicating overridden commands, which I can't seem to fix).
Quote Originally Posted by DoctorCoops View Post
I did that, but it only showed me how to make the Java Class Package and basic stuff about Eclipse... which has helped alot. Through trial and error, though, I've gotten it almost perfect. I'm given this error in the console, however.

21:51:44 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Thor v1.6 (Is it up to date?)
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.ItemStack.usesData(It emStack.java:138)
at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.ItemStack.setData(Ite mStack.java:161)
at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.ItemStack.<init>(Item Stack.java:46)
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.inventory.CraftShap edRecipe.addToCraft
ingManager(CraftShapedRecipe.java:59)
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.CraftServer.addReci pe(CraftServer.java
:901)
at org.bukkit.Bukkit.addRecipe(Bukkit.java:317)
at me.DodgeDude123.Main.onEnable(Main.java:49)
at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaP lugin.java:217)
at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlug in(JavaPluginLoader
.java:457)
at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin (SimplePluginManage
r.java:381)
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.CraftServer.loadPlu gin(CraftServer.jav
a:282)
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.CraftServer.enableP lugins(CraftServer.
java:264)
at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.l(Min ecraftServer.java:3
13)
at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.f(Min ecraftServer.java:2
90)
at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.a(Min ecraftServer.java:2
50)
at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.DedicatedServer.init( DedicatedServer.jav
a:151)
at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.run(M inecraftServer.java
:391)
at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.ThreadServerApplicati on.run(SourceFile:5
82)


What is left for me to do? There are no errors left (only green triangles indicating overridden commands, which I can't seem to fix).

This seems to be the origin of the nullpointer. Sorry that I can't help further I don't have accesss to my laptop for the next week.
Code:
21:51:44 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Thor v1.6 (Is it up to date?)
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.ItemStack.usesData(It emStack.java:138)
Quote Originally Posted by LordPankake View Post
This seems to be the origin of the nullpointer. Sorry that I can't help further I don't have accesss to my laptop for the next week.
Code:
21:51:44 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Thor v1.6 (Is it up to date?)
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.ItemStack.usesData(It emStack.java:138)
Yeah, I managed to get it to load, but the same two errors seem to appear on a timed basis. Thanks for the help, though.
Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us