[Release] Fix: EXE_ERR_COULDNT_CONFIGURE

Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
[Release] Fix: EXE_ERR_COULDNT_CONFIGURE
So the fix for this error was alot simpler than I thought (went as far as faking the video adapter), but all you have to do is get someone else's players2 configuration files and replace them.

Instructions:
- Download the attachment
- Copy the players2 folder to the game's folder (Steamsteamappscall of duty ghosts)
- Start the game and when asked about hardware changes, click No
- Adjust the video settings according under Options > Advanced Video

Download/Virus Scan:
http://www.mpgh.net/forum/723-call-d...ml#post9001451


https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/8...is/1384336052/
players2.rar - Jotti's malware scan
players2_mpgh.net_mpgh.net.rar5 KB · 273 downloads Clean
works for Multiplayer THANKS!
But Singleplayer does not work
Quote Originally Posted by miiaus View Post
works for Multiplayer THANKS!
But Singleplayer does not work
I think I forgot to regenerate the SP config file, I've updated the attachment, just got to wait for approval.
Will try this tomorrow night! Advanced thanks for figuring this out!
Doesn't work for me cause I have HD4850... Is there anyway that I can use your GPU fix that makes the game think I have 5800 series and don't have the error couldn't configure??

Maybe you can make the game think I have 5900 series and it won't give the error ? Thanks !
Quote Originally Posted by motherlover5000 View Post
Doesn't work for me cause I have HD4850... Is there anyway that I can use your GPU fix that makes the game think I have 5800 series and don't have the error couldn't configure??

Maybe you can make the game think I have 5900 series and it won't give the error ? Thanks !
Not possible, you need a DirectX 11 capable card. Anything below the HD5800 Series isn't compatible.
At the loading screen, I received this message "DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. Check readme for possible solutions." I have a hunch this is because of my graphics card not meeting minimum requirements but it might be something else that could be fixable? Regardless, I'm just going to have to get a better graphics card. Thanks for all you've done for us!!
Doesn't work.
Black screen: screencast(dot)com/t/7YlRKsZw
I have DX 11: screencast(dot)com/t/nNLAn0upBk
change (dot) to . since i can't post links yet, sorry
Quote Originally Posted by BallsackNoodle View Post
Doesn't work.
Black screen: screencast(dot)com/t/7YlRKsZw
I have DX 11: screencast(dot)com/t/nNLAn0upBk
change (dot) to . since i can't post links yet, sorry
Not sure to be quite honest, sorry.
Can you make a fix for dx10 ? Im sure it can run it, just that IW is stupid.. Same graphics as on MW3
Quote Originally Posted by motherlover5000 View Post
Can you make a fix for dx10 ? Im sure it can run it, just that IW is stupid.. Same graphics as on MW3
Not possible, DirectX 11 and DirectX 10 use different interfaces, methods and DLLs. Only way I could make a "fix" is to have the game's actual source which is impossible (well not really impossible, but extremely troublesome). . Get a better graphics card.
Quote Originally Posted by ExoShockB View Post
Where is the attachment?
Check the link in the main post, it's there.
Quote Originally Posted by master131 View Post
Check the link in the main post, it's there.
I added the attachment here so they don't have to check that link.
Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?