HelpXTrap or HGWC Error

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
XTrap or HGWC Error
Everyone seems to be having some issue or another. My patcher does open and that's good news but XTrap won't load/respond. I have been trying for hours and I'm definitely not making progress. The first image is where xtrap freezes. The second image is an error message I receive shortly after.
Try this out, there you have download + scans.
Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
Try this out, there you have download + scans.
I downloaded your files and I received an error with HGWC. Wait until the pictures are approved of. ;/
Quote Originally Posted by Alliance View Post
I downloaded your files and I received an error with HGWC. Wait until the pictures are approved of. ;/
Did you choose to replace for the both folders? If so, it looks like the files doesn't work for you (that's rare,because I tested the files in 2 different pc's,one with Windows XP, and another with Windows 7). I recommend you to delete the files and if you had made backup files before replacing, restore them.
Also maybe try this.
Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
Did you choose to replace for the both folders? If so, it looks like the files doesn't work for you (that's rare,because I tested the files in 2 different pc's,one with Windows XP, and another with Windows 7). I recommend you to delete the files and if you had made backup files before replacing, restore them.
Also maybe try this.
I replaced both folders and after getting the error, I reinstalled for the fifth time. Then, I only replaced the XTrap folder. The error still existed. One problem, I already deleted the "hosts" file yesterday after someone recommended it on another thread.
Quote Originally Posted by Alliance View Post
I replaced both folders and after getting the error, I reinstalled for the fifth time. Then, I only replaced the XTrap folder. The error still existed. One problem, I already deleted the "hosts" file yesterday after someone recommended it on another thread.
Deleting hosts file is not an option, but modifying it. Did this error occour after deleting hosts file? If so (but I also recommend you do this anyway), use restore system tool to a point before deleting hosts file, and try again what I told you before...
Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
Deleting hosts file is not an option, but modifying it. Did this error occour after deleting hosts file? If so (but I also recommend you do this anyway), use restore system tool to a point before deleting hosts file, and try again what I told you before...
The error has been the same even before deleting the host file. I found it in the recycle bin which I figured was cleaned out. After searching through hosts, there is nothing related to Crossfire. It is just a pre-written file from Microsoft.
Quote Originally Posted by Alliance View Post
The error has been the same even before deleting the host file. I found it in the recycle bin which I figured was cleaned out. After searching through hosts, there is nothing related to Crossfire. It is just a pre-written file from Microsoft.
Just like here... Also, after a lot of time, I can enter crossfire now, what about you?
Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
Just like here... Also, after a lot of time, I can enter crossfire now, what about you?
Yes. I guess it was the servers since I logged on and it was near empty.
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us