Guide to Multiboxing using Pwnboxer (with pics)

Posts 1–15 of 27 · Page 1 of 2
Guide to Multiboxing using Pwnboxer (with pics)
I've been asked a few times in game and on the forums so I thought I'd write up a guide.

Multiboxing is: using a program that sends your keystrokes to all other windows of a game, so you control all of them at once.

Multiboxing is not: botting, or hacking, despite popular beliefs. Now there is someone who is capable of having many bots follow him and shoot with him, that person is not multiboxing, he only has one client open.


Just a note of caution: you need a powerful computer to run this many unoptimized flash games. My computer slows with 10 rotmgs more than it slows with 10 world of warcrafts. Specifically, you need a lot of ram unless you want to restart a lot. While 10 boxing, I restart whenever clients get around 900 mem because they start crashing, and I have 8 gb of ram. I restart less frequently with less characters. You also need a good cpu - realm brings me to 100% when I have 6 open, I have an amd 955 (3.2 ghz).

__________________________________________________


First acquire pwnboxer. You can either purchase it for $50 on their website, or do something illegal to get it.

▐▌Setting up your clients
I used the mod selector and made one "Main" client and called it rm (realm main), and I made another client called rs (realm slave). You'll probably want to enable every hack, except on the slave client no fame/inv viewer, fullscreen, hp bars, and spammable notifs. I made my own modification which disabled all particles and all text above players (for way less lag on events, the particle effects really slow you down when you have 10 clients open).
 
Mod Selector mods

No Particle Effects:
in the mods folder make a new folder called anything, I did 18.0.0_arcNoPart and inside that make two files, 18.0_arcNoPart.xml and return.txt.
Inside the xml file put:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<rotmg>
    <mod id="Arcanine's No Particle mod">
        <code file2mod="_-12e\Particle.class.asasm"
              line="446">
            return.txt
        </code>
    </mod>
</rotmg>
Inside return.txt file put:
returnvoid

No Text Notifications:
in the mods folder make a new folder called anything, I did 18.0.0_arcNoText and inside that make three files, 18.0_arcNoText.xml and return.txt.
Inside the xml file put:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<rotmg>
    <mod id="Arcanine's No Text mod">
        <code file2mod="_-0fW\_-0Jk.class.asasm"
              line="190">
            return.txt
        </code>
    </mod>
</rotmg>
Inside return.txt put:
returnvoid

Then when you start mod selector you should see my mods - special thanks to @infern000 for helping me with remove particles!


The main client is the one that will have fame/inv viewer, text, and particles (for medusa bombs, etc).

When you make the main client, open it in a flash projector and then do file -> create projector; I named it rm.exe.
When you make the slave client, create projector; I named it rs2.exe.
Copy rs2 as many times as you want clients to multi box with. Since I'm multiboxing 10 characters, I have the following files:
rm, rs2, rs3, rs4, rs5, rs6, rs7, rs8, rs9, rs10

▐▌Setting up Pwnboxer
When you run it, it should check the registration and show a message.
Here's what my pwnboxer looks like:


All the green checkboxes will probably be red. You will want to click on each one and change the settings so they look like this:
BE SURE to click Advanced Options and change them as well!

If you can't load images or imgur ever goes down, you will be checking the box "Do not launch" and editing the name to the name of the exe you made.
For the first client (first red or green box) I did "C:\realm\rm.exe" as the game path and under advanced the process name is "rm.exe". Do the same for all the slave clients you made!

For key broadcasting I do all keys.

For mouse broadcasting I do method 1 and set my click to X, but be careful when typing x because it will click and make you stop typing, happened to me enough times. Note that method 1 seems to click twice on each client, so setting options in realm will have to be done manually. (I cannot get method 2 to work, I tried but it doesn't broadcast the mouse.)

▐▌Starting to play
Obviously, create 10 accounts or however many you wish to box, and start the clients - not by clicking start all games in pwnboxer but by opening them one by one. Also, don't open them very quickly because I once opened all 10 of them at once and I immediately got a blue screen.

I made a batch file to automate this. It will wait like 8 seconds between each one. If you want this faster, remove one ping line in between starts.
 
run.bat
start /b rm
ping localhost > nul
ping localhost > nul
start /b rs2
ping localhost > nul
ping localhost > nul
start /b rs3
ping localhost > nul
ping localhost > nul
start /b rs4
ping localhost > nul
ping localhost > nul
start /b rs5
ping localhost > nul
ping localhost > nul
start /b rs6
ping localhost > nul
ping localhost > nul
start /b rs7
ping localhost > nul
ping localhost > nul
start /b rs8
ping localhost > nul
ping localhost > nul
start /b rs9
ping localhost > nul
ping localhost > nul
start /b rs10


Now once they're all started, click Start all games in pwnboxer and they should all fit in place. If they did not, you might have not spelled their names correctly, or forgotten ".exe".

▐▌Actually playing!
Now, you can finally play, right? Kinda. Disable broadcasting (my hotkey is the pause key) and log in to each one. I named my accounts 1Name@email, 2Name@email ... nName@email. All passwords the same.

This is the only part I haven't automated but I considered making an autohotkey script that selects each process and logs in.

Now, once they're logged in, click play, make a wizard. Open your options menu and set the hotkeys if they're not saved. If you have a low end cpu, consider turning on hardware acceleration, it actually helps a lot and made my cpu not sit at 100% with 10 rotmgs. Turn off text balloons, even chat if you want, and I use 0 degrees rotation (I once read that it renders faster because it takes more cpu time to rotate the sprites 45, this may be wrong but it makes sense to me).
I have potion purchases off, my interact key on V and auto aim on Z, and sound off. Rest is pretty much your preference.

▐▌Lastly
Have fun! Consider making a team of priests, or a combination of different characters. The wand range is really good and my current team is 1 paladin (main), 2 priests, and 3 sorcerers. I am trying to get a juggernaut helm and then make a warrior with that.

The downside is that your speed stat will be different, so COPY AND PASTE /teleport (Main's Name) FREQUENTLY until you max the stat or make them equal.

I hope this guide helped you and brought the fun and challenge of multiboxing to you.
What's your FPS on each when multiboxing 10 with pwnboxer? I tried pwnboxer really didn't like it all that much. :T Takes some CPU away from the games.
Quote Originally Posted by HaHaItsJake View Post
What's your FPS on each when multiboxing 10 with pwnboxer? I tried pwnboxer really didn't like it all that much. :T Takes some CPU away from the games.
Not too great. I forgot to mention, if you're willing to spend money BUY ISBOXER, it's much better but you can't pirate it.

When you're in realm, open the performance stats (mines C), and click on the lower half of it. That will lower your FPS cap! I made each down to 20, and my main 30.
Quote Originally Posted by 059 View Post
Not too great. I forgot to mention, if you're willing to spend money BUY ISBOXER, it's much better but you can't pirate it.

When you're in realm, open the performance stats (mines C), and click on the lower half of it. That will lower your FPS cap! I made each down to 20, and my main 30.

<3 Add in a Multiboxing guide for ISBoxer. Even though everything on there is auto there's still a few Keymaps you can mentions and such. I use ISBoxer with 4 3wiz, 1 priest CPU locked at %60 with 3.5 ghz and %18 RAM 16m and steady at 30FPS on all 4 (for me at least). Can run more but thanks to my shitty internet I can't. It also lags a bit for me (characters glitch and suck) but that's to MY internet. I have keymaps if you want me to pm them to you.
Also a bit insight on the Auto Log-in with ISboxer (doesn't save the information for some people but I found a trick to fixing that for RoTMG)
Quote Originally Posted by HaHaItsJake View Post
<3 Add in a Multiboxing guide for ISBoxer.
Already exists, look on youtube or just google it (rotmg isboxer multiboxing guide). Also, @059, two things:
1st. You seriously rock. Thank you for this guide, and I loved how you have basically automated every other step of the process. I might actually have to switch from ISBoxer to test this out.
2nd. You can pirate ISBoxer (not saying that I necessarily did or didn't, as it would be illegal), just requires an emulator for Inner Space and some tech skill, which obviously you possess.
Yes there are from Joe, but not with a in-depth on Keymaps and such.
Quote Originally Posted by HaHaItsJake View Post
Yes there are from Joe, but not with a in-depth on Keymaps and such.
That is true. I'd appreciate a good guide like this from 059 on ISBoxer, too, now come to think of it.
how do those compare to HotKeyNet?
Quote Originally Posted by gioseba View Post
how do those compare to HotKeyNet?
I must say, I tried both and ISboxer for me is #1 still for RoTMG. I edited your's to my liking but the game windows get cut off and still yet to find a way around it. :3
Quote Originally Posted by HaHaItsJake View Post
I must say, I tried both and ISboxer for me is #1 still for RoTMG. I edited your's to my liking but the game windows get cut off and still yet to find a way around it. :3
tell me your screen resolution and how many windows you want and i'll do a custom config for you if you like. (but do it through pm i don't want to thread-jack)
What is so great about ISboxer? i've been thinking about coming back to rotmg and i may get into multi-boxing again
Quote Originally Posted by gioseba View Post
tell me your screen resolution and how many windows you want and i'll do a custom config for you if you like. (but do it through pm i don't want to thread-jack)
What is so great about ISboxer? i've been thinking about coming back to rotmg and i may get into multi-boxing again
With ISboxer, it's more smooth for me. It's also has auto log-in so you just run it and click play. Mouse Broadcast is nice on it with. I personally like ISBoxer but I know HKN lets me run 1-2 more due to IS does take more CPU. Pwnboxer is good if you don't want to shell out the money and get it "Other" ways.
Quote Originally Posted by HaHaItsJake View Post
With ISboxer, it's more smooth for me. It's also has auto log-in so you just run it and click play. Mouse Broadcast is nice on it with. I personally like ISBoxer but I know HKN lets me run 1-2 more due to IS does take more CPU. Pwnboxer is good if you don't want to shell out the money and get it "Other" ways.
This. The smoothness is noticeable and mouse broadcast works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Alde. View Post
I also did one for PwnBoxer a long time ago :3
http://www.mpgh.net/forum/720-realm-...-tutorial.html
You know, despite my searches for previous guides I did not find all of them. Nice guide.
Updated for v19
 
Mod Selector mods

No Particle Effects:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<rotmg>
    <mod id="Arcanine's No Particle mod">
        <code file2mod="_-uY\Particle.class.asasm"
              line="438">
            return.txt
        </code>
    </mod>
    <mod id="Arcanine's Reduced Particle mod">
        <code file2mod="_-uY\HitEffect.class.asasm"
              line="117">
            return.txt
        </code>
        <code file2mod="_-uY\FlowEffect.class.asasm"
              line="102">
            return.txt
        </code>
        <code file2mod="_-uY\FountainEffect.class.asasm"
              line="91">
            return.txt
        </code>
        <code file2mod="_-uY\ExplosionEffect.class.asasm"
              line="218">
            return.txt
        </code>
        <code file2mod="_-uY\TeleportEffect.class.asasm"
              line="58">
            return.txt
        </code>
        <code file2mod="_-uY\StreamEffect.class.asasm"
              line="122">
            return.txt
        </code>
    </mod>
</rotmg>
No Text Notifications:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<rotmg>
    <mod id="Arcanine's No Text mod">
        <code file2mod="_-0eX\_-ew.class.asasm"
              line="164">
            return.txt
        </code>
    </mod>
</rotmg>
My flash projector has Create Projector... greyed out.

How do I fix that?
Posts 1–15 of 27 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Need help?