Anime suggestions

Posts 1–15 of 20 · Page 1 of 2
Anime suggestions
Okay so recently I've been pulled into anime (I'm late, I know). And I dunno what to watch next.

My general movie genre is sci-fi styled (Ender's Game, Hunger Games, Divergent, etc).

So far I've watched SnK (AoT) and SAO. What's something like those that I might enjoy watching? I've heard about No Game No Life... Would it fit under what I might like to watch?

Or than that, what else would you guys suggest?
Quote Originally Posted by user415141 View Post
Okay so recently I've been pulled into anime (I'm late, I know). And I dunno what to watch next.

My general movie genre is sci-fi styled (Ender's Game, Hunger Games, Divergent, etc).

So far I've watched SnK (AoT) and SAO. What's something like those that I might enjoy watching? I've heard about No Game No Life... Would it fit under what I might like to watch?

Or than that, what else would you guys suggest?
Psycho Pass.
The only two I can really say I know...

For a cut them up sorta deal, go with Afro Samurai and/or Samurai Champloo

Samurai Champloo's English Dub is pretty solid
I personally didn't enjoy NGNL, from what I watched it seemed like a bad Nobuyuki ripoff with pantsu thrown in the mix. Kaiji and Akagi does the whole concept much better without all this colorful animation that makes me cringe so hard. My favorite sci-fi anime is Serial Experiments Lain. If you're ok with manga then check out Eden: It's An Endless World.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
The only two I can really say I know...

For a cut them up sorta deal, go with Afro Samurai and/or Samurai Champloo

Samurai Champloo's English Dub is pretty solid
Yeah, those are the epitome of sci-fi right there... and Afro Samurai is confirmed to have the greatest dub of all time.
Sci-Fi? That's easy.

Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell.(Movies, Stand Alone, 2nd Gig, Arise).
Neon Genisis Evangelion
End of Evangelion
Steins;Gate
Gurren Lagann
Vampire Hunter D(and Bloodlust).


As for NGNL, nah. It's a comedic harem that's just slightly above average.(Mostly thanks to the animation boost). If you are coming from SAO you might like it, but from Shingeki? nah.

Berserk/Gantz are the closest things to Shingeki, but they are far better in their manga form. However I have to warn you, after reading either of them you will come to the conclusion that SnK is overhyped.
Hmm... I'll take a look at all of those.

Samurai Champloo and Berserk/Gantz sound the coolest so I'll probably check those out first. And Psycho Pass sounds weird...
Quote Originally Posted by user415141 View Post
Hmm... I'll take a look at all of those.

Samurai Champloo and Berserk/Gantz sound the coolest so I'll probably check those out first. And Psycho Pass sounds weird...
Berserk has 3 movies, but they are (just like the manga) full of explicit content.
Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


Berserk has 3 movies, but they are (just like the manga) full of explicit content.
The CGI is overkill
Quote Originally Posted by Rance-Sama View Post
The CGI is overkill
well, it's the same scenario as Kingdom.

Yeah, it doesn't look good in certain parts.
Yeah, I would have preferred another studio do it.
Yeah, it's not anywhere near as brilliant as the manga is
Yeah, it might not continue to get to the best parts.


But it's still a good anime, and as a looong time berserk fan, any decent anime adaptation is welcome.
I agree with Empire, if you liked SAO then NGNL is your show and the animations for it are really good. You should also give Akame ga Kill, Zero no Tsukaima, Blue Exorcist(Ao no Exorcist), Tokyo Ghoul, and Zankyou no Terror a try. Zero no Tsukaima and Blue Exorcist are both pretty long though, ZnT has 4 seasons and BE just one with 24 or 23 eps I forgot, so your best bet is just to watch the other three since they are new and just started good luck! also if you want ecchi/harem then I'm your man lmao
What's wrong with suggesting these babies first animes such as Death Note, Accel World and Mirai Nikki? He'd like them for sure.
Quote Originally Posted by CrazyJani View Post
What's wrong with suggesting these babies first animes such as Death Note, Accel World and Mirai Nikki? He'd like them for sure.
Death Note is fine, Mirai Nikki is kinda weird but ok if you can get into it, accel world is shit.

Outside of Guilty Crown, Accelworld/SAO, Black Bullet, and SNAFU, i'm sure they would enjoy most popular anime and manga.
Sci Fi? Go with Sci Fi Harry
Meh ill list some off the top of my head

Elfen Lied
Noragami
Btooom!
Guilty Crown

All have action and are "sci-fi " elements
Posts 1–15 of 20 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?