My batch game [With source.]

Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1
My batch game [With source.]
As some of you know, I used to have an old batch game stickied.

I scrapped that game as it was too cluttered and that was the first program I've made, and started fresh. It is much cleaner, easier to navigate, and better to play.

This will be a thread with a changelog as well as an updated source file.

The game's source is currently set to skip all backstory for easier testing.

-Combat

+Fully working combat system
+Weapons and armors with rating and damage values
+Extensive MOB index with dynamic monsters
+Death and enemy death mechanics fully working
+Random money and EXP rewards and level up mechanics
+Working stats that affect damage and damage prevention.
+Run feature to escape from mob battles. [+Random run chance]

-Bases

+Later bases
+Map usage with locations and boss areas
+Detailed display system
+Extensive inventory broken down into several categories
+Sleep system to regenerate HP and spend skill points
+Basecamp FULL integration and mechanics

-Towns

+First town with "shady" market for buying equipment
+Ability to travel
+Arena type area for "mini-boss"

-Bosses

+First boss located after first town
+Special boss item made
+Special boss mechanics

-Misc

+Crafting system [+with a blacksmith in every town.]
+Possible magic implements.

Total Secrets: 0

Source: http://pastebin.com/kgr2m6Qnⓘ

Feel free to edit it while it's open. Once I finish it, I'm going to delete the pastebin.
Please leave suggestions, or just edit your new content ideas onto the source.

Thanks,
Raple
Just out of curiosity, what kind of game is this going to be like?
Quote Originally Posted by RookieLazer View Post
Just out of curiosity, what kind of game is this going to be like?
Seems like an RPG.

By the way, how extensive is this game gonna be? How many hours would it take to complete?
Quote Originally Posted by TheArzonite View Post
Seems like an RPG.

By the way, how extensive is this game gonna be? How many hours would it take to complete?
It's batch, so it won't take a massive amount of time to make.

However, I'm aiming for at least a decent amount of play time needed to beat it. Maybe 4ish hours of game play.
epix meme raple!
nice game!
This is a good game I have to say for a batch game.
so.. will this game be better or worse then a 'mud' game?
will this game be better or wose then the IDoZ game?


and how much of a sin would it be if you copied the code, but totally gutted it, but used the framework to build your own unique game from IDoZ's.
im guessing it would be a pretty big sin.. ok would it be a bigger or littler sin if your game came out worse then a 1990's MUD game? because i know 1990's was around 24years ago. i REALLY want to see your game turn out better then a MUD.

im starting to notice that IDoZ's games are turning out like the bullet hell games made by ZUN... (ZUN is the creater of touhou. (the game featered in the signature) the boss battle vs alice starts at 5:03 in the video)
Quote Originally Posted by minavu View Post
so.. will this game be better or worse then a 'mud' game?
will this game be better or wose then the IDoZ game?


and how much of a sin would it be if you copied the code, but totally gutted it, but used the framework to build your own unique game from IDoZ's.
im guessing it would be a pretty big sin.. ok would it be a bigger or littler sin if your game came out worse then a 1990's MUD game? because i know 1990's was around 24years ago. i REALLY want to see your game turn out better then a MUD.

im starting to notice that IDoZ's games are turning out like the bullet hell games made by ZUN... (ZUN is the creater of touhou. (the game featered in the signature) the boss battle vs alice starts at 5:03 in the video)
I have played Touhou before, and this will really be nothing like it.

For one, Batch cannot handle external visuals (which you probably know) so all visuals will be made be descriptions if possible.

This is the first game I'm going to be fully coding, and I might even continue working and refining it after it's done. Hopefully people enjoy it, but who knows.
Quote Originally Posted by Raple View Post
For one, Batch cannot handle external visuals (which you probably know) so all visuals will be made be descriptions if possible.
ASCII plox
Quote Originally Posted by CrazyJani View Post
ASCII plox
I can try I suppose.
Quote Originally Posted by Raple View Post
I can try I suppose.
It wasn't a serious request; I don't see any problem with written descriptions as long as they're written well. However ASCII can be an annoyance if it's done badly
Not bad raple, A few things.
1. When you are in a fight, and you try to run, the game closes for some reason ( could just be me )
2. When you try to look at the map, you go to sleep.
Other than that, great game!
Quote Originally Posted by wisezombieking View Post
Not bad raple, A few things.
1. When you are in a fight, and you try to run, the game closes for some reason ( could just be me )
2. When you try to look at the map, you go to sleep.
Other than that, great game!
Neither of those things have been coded, so they either re-route to the last location you were located before you use the non-existent command, or the program closes.
Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us