Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

News Force Recruitment Thread

News Force is looking to bring on three new writers. We are looking for writers who are going to be able to commit to their job as a writer and be consistent by following the deadlines. We want people who are in it for the long run. If you will take this responsibility lightly, do not bother applying.

The following sections are available:
    • WTF News
    • Technology News
    • Gaming News

Code:
    Name:
    Position/Section applying for:
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale:
    Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: (IE, AP Language or wrote on a high school news team)
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?:
    Why do you believe you should be apart of the News Force?:

Important Notes:
    Once applications are closed, those accepted will be contacted.
    If accepted your stay is conditional to the evaluations and your effort put forth during the 14-day trial period each new News Force member will be placed in.
    Any questions can go directly to me via PM/VM. Do not pollute thread replies.
    You WILL be working with someone else.

Head Editor
    • Hova

Editors
    • Raple
    • Ahlwong

Writers
    • Headlines
      • Hova
    • User News
      • Ahlwong
    • Global News
      • Felix
      • Hero
    • Section of The Week
      • Ahlwong
    • Hack of The Week
      • High
    • Gaming News
      • Gaar
    • Technology News
      • Predator
    • Music News
      • Schuba
      • Logic
    • Sports News
      • Jubs
      • Copperhorse
    • Art News
      • Dynasty
      • Gaar
      • High
    • WTF News?
      • Arrow
    • Interviewers
      • Joe
      • Nyaro
    • Freelancers
      • Cursed
      • -Madara_Uchihã-
      • savage

Always be aware of impostors, ask for verification by having the person send you a message on MPGH.
    Please do not waste my time & your time with useless messages. These will be ignored and actions will be taken.

Make sure to read the MPGH Rules & each Section STICKY for extra information and rules that apply for that
    specific section.
    *Please confirm my Identity before any transaction* If you have any questions, please feel
    free to contact me using the links Below.Please make sure to SEARCH your question using the following link first
    |Search |
    Useful Links >> |MPGH Rules | Report A Scammer | How to MPGH | Market Place Rules |
    Contact Information >> | Private Message | Visitor Message |

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Hova For This Useful Post:

Ace (08-17-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (08-16-2016),Assistive (08-17-2016),Dynasty (08-17-2016),FoxHunter (08-17-2016),Fucking Moron (08-17-2016),JDXT (08-17-2016),Nyaro (08-17-2016),Predator (08-16-2016),Raple (08-17-2016),Raw (08-18-2016),Symmetrical (08-17-2016),WeakHands (08-16-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Name:

My real name is Greg. Most people know me as Lift, because that's my name pretty much everywhere.

Tech News and WTF News are right up my alley. If I had to pick one, it'd be Tech news.

10/10. I used to have a homework service, and I write really, really good essays and stories. I'm sure all of my customers can vouch for that .

Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: (IE, AP Language or wrote on a high school news team)

Yep. I wrote articles for my junior high school, and formulated a group to do the same in my high school. I know how to write and report stories.

Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?:

For sure. Deadlines have never been a problem for me. I can manage time super well, and have a balanced and consistent schedule. I'm online in consistent intervals and I'm sure I have what it takes.

I have experience, I know how to write, and I'd be perfect for the Tech News section because I've been put a good deal of time in to studying electrical engineering and know all about the latest stories. For example, a potential article would be CRISPR:

CRISPR. Genetics / Genetic Engineering. I could write about this for MONTHS. Definitely would be my first pick.

I have a bunch of topics I could write about, because this is what really interests me.

I don't want to go on for too long but I really do think I can do this and I would love to make some MPGH friends. I hope I'll be given a chance and I won't let you guys down.

Good luck to the other applicants

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lift For This Useful Post:

Ace (08-17-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (08-16-2016),Dynasty (08-17-2016),[MPGH]Hova (08-17-2016),Nyaro (08-17-2016),Raple (08-17-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Name:Rey "Chrome"
    Position/Section applying for: WTF NEWS
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale:easily an eight,perhaps a nine.
    Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain:In high school I took and had an A in AP English for 2 consecutive years. I have been told that I am "gifted" at writing
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?:Yes I have no issue with daily deadlines.
    Why do you believe you should be apart of the News Force?: I believe I can help the news team grow and help educate and inform the general mpgh public on many interesting things, if given the WTF News position.

Would also love the chance to fuck shit up with my main nigga @Arrow
    Last edited by Chaos; 08-17-2016 at 12:22 PM.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Chaos For This Useful Post:

Ace (08-17-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (08-16-2016),Arrow (08-16-2016),Dynasty (08-16-2016),Fucking Moron (08-17-2016),[MPGH]Hova (08-17-2016),[MPGH]Jov (08-16-2016),Logic (08-16-2016),x12 (08-17-2016),Nyaro (08-17-2016),Raple (08-17-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Name: David
    Position/Section applying for: Gaming News
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 9
    Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: (IE, AP Language or wrote on a high school news team) Taking Honors English this upcoming year. I'm currently a staff member of my school's newspaper club. English/Literature is somehow my strongest subject in school.
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Yes
    Why do you believe you should be apart of the News Force?: I've gotten most of my shit together and as a result have become a more responsible individual. Since I spend most of my time online I feel like I can report minor but important details on specific gaming topics that others might miss and hence would further help grow the News Team.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Conquerable For This Useful Post:

Ace (08-17-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (08-16-2016),Dynasty (08-16-2016),[MPGH]Hova (08-17-2016),Nyaro (08-17-2016),Raple (08-17-2016)

Thanks
    Name: Evan

Position/Section applying for: Gaming News, or WTF News.

Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 7

Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: (IE, AP Language or wrote on a high school news team) I did news for my high school in which I would report news and put it on our schools website.

Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Yes I can easily meet my weekly deadline.

Why do you believe you should be apart of the News Force?: I belong on the News Force because I can be a active and helpful contributor. I want to improve and help maintain the weekly news. I have a large amount of time on my hands that I would like to dedicate to helping MPGH in anyway possible. I'm ready to take on the responsibility of delivering entertaining and accurate news. Given the opportunity I believe I could excel as a writer. Thank you for your consideration.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Raw For This Useful Post:

Ace (08-17-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (08-16-2016),Dynasty (08-16-2016),[MPGH]Hova (08-17-2016),Nyaro (08-17-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Name: Griffin

Position/Section applying for: Gaming News

Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 7 (there is always room for improvement)

Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: N/A (First time for everything right?)

Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Without issue, would be more than happy to take an hour or 2 from my week to post some top quality gaming memes, I mean news, on MPGH!

Why do you believe you should be apart of the News Force?: I've been apart of the MPGH community for quite some time and think its time I finally contribute to the site, even if it just means reporting on random gaming news. Also, I believe NF will strengthen my writing skills that I have not used since high school.

"Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Assistive For This Useful Post:

Ace (08-17-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (08-16-2016),Arrow (08-16-2016),wan (08-17-2016),Dylan (08-16-2016),Dynasty (08-16-2016),Euphemistic (08-18-2016),Fucking Moron (08-17-2016),Gaar (08-17-2016),[MPGH]Hova (08-17-2016),x12 (08-17-2016),Nyaro (08-17-2016),Raple (08-17-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Technology Section | News Force Application

Name: Dynasty

Position/Section applying for: Tech News

Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 9 - Forum | 10 - News Articles

Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain:
    I have been part of the News Force for a while now. I have written multiple articles for Art News and Technology News before. I am also in charge of the SOTM Event.

Yes, I have enough time for multiple articles. I have been writing the Art News and covering for other partners without a problem. I am always online and ready to help if someone can`t make it on time and needs someone else to do it for them even though freelancers are there for that. I like getting things done.

This is the 3rd time I have applied for this position. I am now part of the Art News section which I have been writing for couple editions now. I would not be filling this form for a 3rd time if I did not think I was the best option for the job. I like keeping things simple and getting things done so I have always been good working with other people. I also like making my articles entertaining instead of spending 10 minutes writing the first thing I find online that is related to my section.
    Last edited by Dynasty; 08-16-2016 at 11:02 PM.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dynasty For This Useful Post:

Ace (08-17-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (08-17-2016),[MPGH]Hova (08-17-2016),Nyaro (08-17-2016)

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Name: Vader / Desislav

Position/Section applying for: Tech News / Game News

Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 8

Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: (IE, AP Language or wrote on a high school news team) : I was secretary of the Student Council for 4 years in my university time. We had to create newspaper for every week (1 per week)

Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Yes, in my IRL job (Spedition and Forwarding in a truck company) I need to keep deadline every day.

Why do you believe you should be apart of the News Force?: Because every spare moment I have I'm reading and searching for tech news.Technologies even beyond my reach are interesting for me not only phones and PC parts. Because of my hoby ( SE ) I'm searching for flaws and researching the product before I try to SE it. Gaming: I love gaming and games and I fallow more of the major tournaments in the game industry.

I want it because:

to be part of the place I love for almost 6 years
    to inform and help people when and if I can

"My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me. […] My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, millennium-it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
    -The Sith Emperor

Member - 06.05.2010
    Premium Member - 08.12.2015
    News Force - 24.10.2016 / 26.03.2018
    Publicist - 06.12.2017 / XX.XX.2018
    Battlefield Minion - 23.12.2017
    GTA Minion - 23.01.2018

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Vader For This Useful Post:

Ace (08-17-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (08-17-2016),wan (08-17-2016),Dynasty (08-17-2016),Gaar (08-17-2016),[MPGH]Hova (08-17-2016),x12 (08-17-2016),Nyaro (08-17-2016),Raple (08-17-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Name:
    - Yazan

- Applying for any position.

- 9.95 as a whole. English is my second language after Arabic, but I can write the articles very well.

Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain:
    - Yes, I was the head editor for my school magazine & news 2 years ago, now I'm the reporter who makes reports about the classes and teachers for the social experts in my school and I'm also one of the three reporters in my school who make reports and send it to the ministry of education in my country (Like rating and these stuff).
    Note : My school magazine is written in English, not Arabic. I study at international school.

- Yes, I take full responsibility of doing the tasks I must do.

- Because I want to contribute to MPGH, and I believe I can help the News team to grow. Also, I have a lot of time that I must invest in something useful for this community. I know that I can do the work as I should do it, and I am a very hard working person who completes everything as soon as possible. I will try to do my best to complete the tasks in the highest quality I can. I love team work and I will give a hand to my partner, if I worked with someone else. I love News Force and I hope this time I will become one of them.

Good luck to others!

Thanks for taking time to read this.
    - ACE -

Last edited by Ace; 08-17-2016 at 11:30 AM.
    History
    Member - 12 June 2016 - N/A

Premium Member - 14 August 2016 - N/A
    News Force Sports News - 17 September 2016 - 24 July 2017
    Premium Seller - 23 September 2016 - N/A

News Force Gaming News - 24 July 2017
    STILL ALIVE!

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ace For This Useful Post:

*Jaybird* (08-18-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (08-17-2016),Dynasty (08-17-2016),gobbler99 (08-17-2016),Hamza! (08-17-2016),[MPGH]Hova (08-17-2016),[MPGH]Hugo Boss (08-17-2016),Jake (08-17-2016),Janitor (08-17-2016),JDXT (08-17-2016),lelo (08-17-2016),Nyaro (08-17-2016),Vice (08-18-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Name: jdxt

Position/Section applying for: Tech or Gaming news

Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: Solid 9

Taking GCSE English (obviously). I'm a straight A- (7) in English and a B+ in English Lit. And I can't be the only one who's school never had a high school news team?

My only other real time consuming activities is school, socializing and any sport. All other hobbies/activities are done at home. And to write about gaming or tech news which I see everyday is easy, the news is there for you - all you have to do is piece different sources together to create a full overview.

I've always wanted to be more "engaged" with the MPGH community,. I think this would be a great and a fun way to do it. I'm a proactive reader and writer like said before. I have a 85 - 95 WPM so I work fast and conveniently. I believe I would be easy to work with and while I do take most things half hearted when I get down to "work" I buckle down and get it done. And I get to write about news which I enjoy, I might even learn something along the way.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDXT For This Useful Post:

Ace (08-17-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (08-17-2016),Dynasty (08-17-2016),[MPGH]Hova (08-17-2016),Nyaro (08-17-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Name:
    - My name is Zafer

- Gaming News

- 9.5 I live in Jordan but i am in a international high school.

- i have won multiple writing competitions in my school (articles of course), also i am Taking the IB program in school.

- yes i am able to complete all tasks required by the news force

I believe that i should join the news group because i can creat great news stories for the mpgh community also it will increase my knowledge in writing and will help me in school. Also i get that cheeki title

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Redi18 For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (08-17-2016),[MPGH]Hova (08-17-2016),Nyaro (08-17-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Name: Fábio (Player)

Position/Section applying for: Gaming News but if you think other section is probably better for me I will give my best.

Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: It will be an 8/8.5

Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: Never done something like that.

Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Without any problem, it will be a pleasure.

Why do you believe you should be apart of the News Force?: First of all I'am a really hard work guy, I can achieve everything if I put that in my head and I want to help the News Force, I want to help MPGH. I think I can bring all the information the members of MPGH want to read and bring them so enjoy while they read.

Good luck to everyone.
    Last edited by FoxHunter; 08-17-2016 at 03:08 PM.
    Reputation power: 20

Previous names:
    Kakershi
    Player

Member: November 2011
    Premium Member: April 2015
    Premium Seller: June 2019

You wanna help me cause I helped you? Click in "Donate"!

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FoxHunter For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (08-17-2016),[MPGH]Hova (08-17-2016),Nyaro (08-17-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Applications are now closed. The accepted applicants will be contacted via PM. We appreciate everyone who took the time to apply. If you were not contacted, we urge you to keep an eye out for future openings on the News Force team.

All the best.

@ @Boombox @Saboteur @Hero @Flengo @arunforce Please close this.

Always be aware of impostors, ask for verification by having the person send you a message on MPGH.
    Please do not waste my time & your time with useless messages. These will be ignored and actions will be taken.

Make sure to read the MPGH Rules & each Section STICKY for extra information and rules that apply for that
    specific section.
    *Please confirm my Identity before any transaction* If you have any questions, please feel
    free to contact me using the links Below.Please make sure to SEARCH your question using the following link first
    |Search |
    Useful Links >> |MPGH Rules | Report A Scammer | How to MPGH | Market Place Rules |
    Contact Information >> | Private Message | Visitor Message |

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hova For This Useful Post:

Ace (08-18-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (08-18-2016),Assistive (08-18-2016),Raw (08-18-2016),Vader (08-18-2016)