Thanks

I can't wrap this shit around my head, HALP

Correct me if im wrong.

Ok, so i saw this image on 9gag https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aBWnNOA_460s.jpg and then i started to ask myself questions. Then i wanted an explanation so i went to the video that i linked below.

Even after reading some stuff i just skim through and watching the video i CAN NOT understand why if i was *million of lightyears away from earth, I would be able to see dinosaurs if i looked at earth.

What i was able to understand though... So lets say I am on earth, and a star was 100 million light year away. The star exploded but the light from the star that exploded is still traveling for 100 million light years (so all the light would be done traveling and just fade away after 100 million light yrs and i won't be able to see it anymore)

What i do not understand is that how would this apply to objects like dinosaurs. Dinosaurs don't produce light. This is what i thought. Lets say a dinosaur somehow magically was able to live on a star. So the star exploded and it evaporated the dino in like 1 second. I am from earth looking at the star, even though the star exploded the light from the star is still traveling and won't go away for a good 100 million light year. However the dino is still D-E-A-D.

Can anyone enlighten me on this
    because from what i am reading is that if we had the technology, and i was able to travel to someone really far away (billion of light years away) and i used a telescope to look at earth then i would be able to see the past, like....far enough to see stuff like Hitler, Dinosaurs, My grandparents, god (for you god believers) etc....

If TOPIC NOTE:
    But if you had the chance to see something from the past what would it be?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I doubt any telescope can view that far. It's pretty much science fiction.

MPGH Member Since: 2011
    AVA Minion Since: 7.14.2013 - 7.4.2014

⎳ℴ ⎷ ℯ
    進撃の巨人

私は武器販売業者と一緒に旅行した

犬の日が終わった

MPGH Relic, Full-time Lurker.

Join Anime Force, take over the world.

✘✘✘

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    I doubt any telescope can view that far. It's pretty much science fiction.
    Mine does.
    I barely use MPGH IM, Send me a private message to reach me faster!
    Also I currently don't sell anything!

DD/MM/YYYY
    Joined MPGH: 07/02/2017
    Premium: 08/02/2017 - ∞
    Newsforce (HOTW): 07/06/2017 - ∞
    Publicist: 06/11/2017 - 12/04/2018
    Minion (Minecraft): 23/12/2017 - ∞
    Minion (Cryptocurrency Talks): 01/05/2018 - ∞

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Allura View Post
    Mine does.
    That's some next level shit right there...

MPGH Member Since: 2011
    AVA Minion Since: 7.14.2013 - 7.4.2014

⎳ℴ ⎷ ℯ
    進撃の巨人

私は武器販売業者と一緒に旅行した

犬の日が終わった

MPGH Relic, Full-time Lurker.

Join Anime Force, take over the world.

✘✘✘

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Realmlife22 View Post
    Correct me if im wrong.

Ok, so i saw this image on 9gag https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aBWnNOA_460s.jpg and then i started to ask myself questions. Then i wanted an explanation so i went to the video that i linked below.

Even after reading some stuff i just skim through and watching the video i CAN NOT understand why if i was *million of lightyears away from earth, I would be able to see dinosaurs if i looked at earth.

What i was able to understand though... So lets say I am on earth, and a star was 100 million light year away. The star exploded but the light from the star that exploded is still traveling for 100 million light years (so all the light would be done traveling and just fade away after 100 million light yrs and i won't be able to see it anymore)

What i do not understand is that how would this apply to objects like dinosaurs. Dinosaurs don't produce light. This is what i thought. Lets say a dinosaur somehow magically was able to live on a star. So the star exploded and it evaporated the dino in like 1 second. I am from earth looking at the star, even though the star exploded the light from the star is still traveling and won't go away for a good 100 million light year. However the dino is still D-E-A-D.

Can anyone enlighten me on this
    because from what i am reading is that if we had the technology, and i was able to travel to someone really far away (billion of light years away) and i used a telescope to look at earth then i would be able to see the past, like....far enough to see stuff like Hitler, Dinosaurs, My grandparents, god (for you god believers) etc....

If TOPIC NOTE:
    But if you had the chance to see something from the past what would it be?
    Most objects don't produce light either, you see the reflection of the light.
    When you look at yourself in the mirror, is it because your body is producing light? Of course not it's the light in the room bouncing off of you and being picked up by the rods in your eyes and converted into an image.

It's not the explosion that is producing the light to see the dinosaurs, it's just the normal sun bouncing off the the Earth. For example, you know the famous blue marble picture of Earth from space? How do you think the Earth is lit? It's just the sun shining on the Earth, and allowing a Satellite to take a picture of it. We can look through a telescope at the Sun, or Venus, or any other object in space, but the light takes time to reach us. For another example, the light that hits us from the Sun takes about 8 minutes to reach the Earth, and is this image is what happened 8 minutes ago. Just like how thunder happens several seconds after lightning, the sound has to travel.

Also photons never really dissipate, they can be absorbed, but they don't just go away. The photons simply get spread too far apart to be detectable or measurable anymore, which is why high power telescopes are needed to see far away structures. Same thing with flashlights and laser lights, the farther away the more they get spread out. All light will travel forever in the vacuum of space until absorbed by something.

Let's say I am 1 light year from a planet, and look at it through a telescope. The planet then explodes; in 1 year I will see the planet explode, because that's how long it would take for the light to reach me
    Last edited by Aborted; 03-17-2017 at 11:50 PM.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post

That's some next level shit right there...
    Yea. NASA offered me 500 million dollars. Rejected their offer. I don't need lower ballers

DD/MM/YYYY

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Only thing for sure is you will never see dinosaurs nor thing that is 500 light years away except if it's big and luminous like a star.

EDIT: I was wrong, you could see if you have @Allura 's high end telescope.
    Last edited by nullmotion101; 03-18-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by nullmotion101 View Post
    Only thing for sure is you will never see dinosaurs nor thing that is 500 light years away except if it's big and luminous like a star.

EDIT: I was wrong, you could see if you have @Allura 's high end telescope.
    Dinosaurs never existed. They were just made up by the government to cover up our true creators. The aliens. Darwin's theory was actually made up by the government. We all live in a lie

DD/MM/YYYY

Thanks
    Doesn't quite make sense but science is science.

If the sky was blue and we'd see everything as clear as possible, a star exploding we'd see late and if there was, say an alien out there on a planet fapping, we'd see that moment equal to the time it'd take the light that has been reflected on that alien. So say if the alien is 20 light years away and today he flicks the bean at us, we'd see that 20 light years later. Life brethren, life.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Allura View Post
    Dinosaurs never existed. They were just made up by the government to cover up our true creators. The aliens. Darwin's theory was actually made up by the government. We all live in a lie
    I'm guessing the flouride in your water is working cause aliens do not exist the UFO's that you see are man-made objects no such thing as aliens they are "Interdimensional beings" Educate yourself. Also i'm guessing you don't know much about astral projection and the 6th sense.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by $ U I C I D E View Post

I'm guessing the flouride in your water is working cause aliens do not exist the UFO's that you see are man-made objects no such thing as aliens they are "Interdimensional beings" Educate yourself. Also i'm guessing you don't know much about astral projection and the 6th sense.
    I'm guessing you didn't read anything above?

DD/MM/YYYY

Thanks
    would we see the moment that the light "fades"? or would we see the whole past like the whole day (if we were watching it for the day).
    I find it really hard to believe that if we ever had the technology to look at something 100 lightyears away, i could see something like hitler/stalin...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Does this mean if I jump off a cliff I will only see myself dying 5 hours later?...

Edit: Can't believe I watched this mind boggling piece of shit wtihot my mnid metlign oml
    Last edited by RedWatermelon; 03-18-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks
    this video is 2015, i believe NASA have better equipment now . this video is false

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Realmlife22 View Post
    would we see the moment that the light "fades"? or would we see the whole past like the whole day (if we were watching it for the day).
    I find it really hard to believe that if we ever had the technology to look at something 100 lightyears away, i could see something like hitler/stalin...
    You're thinking too hard. No present moment can be seen anymore. If there was a second earth 100 light years away, we'd see their present 100 light years away. So if today we have hitler, they would see us 100 light years earlier, if today they have hitler, we would see it 100 light years later.

Light constantly reflects, so you'd probably see the day, not just a fraction.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread