View Poll Results: Editing Posts

Voters
10. This poll is closed
  • Yes: Allow us to edit posts indefinitely

5 50.00%
  • No: Keep it so we can only edit posts within 24 hours of their creation.

5 50.00%
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Editing posts after a day.

I have noticed that you can't edit your post when they're more then a day old. And I would like to get this changed so I can edit my posts no matter how old they are.

BTW: I guess it would be a good idea to post a reason why I think this.
    My reason is that often when I make threads I like to update my original posts with the information gained in the thread. And many times we gain information for days or weeks sometimes even indefinitely. This allows the posts to be always up to date. It also makes it so you can go to one posts for all subsequent information added by other members :L
    Last edited by why06; 09-06-2009 at 02:08 PM.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    Good idea.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    unnecessary

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    You Could Just Bump It If There's An Update Or Change In Thread...I Agree With SpaceC.
    [IMG]https://i324.photobucke*****m/albums/k357/Win32Trojan/Untitled-1-4.gif[/IMG][IMG]https://i324.photobucke*****m/albums/k357/Win32Trojan/Untitled-1-4.gif[/IMG][IMG]https://i324.photobucke*****m/albums/k357/Win32Trojan/Untitled-1-4.gif[/IMG]

Hazedup is the best there ever was

Thanks
    I think they should not make it so you can edit it whenever, but change the edit timeout to 2 or 3 days.

Thanks
    Why isn't this a good idea?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierrize View Post
    You Could Just Bump It If There's An Update Or Change In Thread...I Agree With SpaceC.
    Sometimes this leads to double posts and it spreads out the information on multiple pages.

Of course it's not necessary, but it is convenient

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Double Post is when you post instantly.
    I am the God.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    Double Post is when you post instantly.
    I don't think it's appropriate to argue a technicality like that. "double posting has different definitions on different forums. What I can tell you is that many forums that allow infinite editing do not allow double posting no matter what the time period.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    I don't think it's appropriate to argue a technicality like that. "double posting has different definitions on different forums. What I can tell you is that many forums that allow infinite editing do not allow double posting no matter what the time period.

Exactly, and I concur that posts should be edited, ONLY TXT, no files, etc. as someone could change the files to evilness instead of hax.

Infamously know with the nickname [myg0t]g0d
    Founder of myg0t in 1996
    My IRC Chan atm is: irc.swiftirc.net #g0tmil
    linked to 4 networks and growing including MPGH!

Combat Arms player CBL CLEAN

Help me grow!1

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post

Exactly, and I concur that posts should be edited, ONLY TXT, no files, etc. as someone could change the files to evilness instead of hax.

Just noticed there is a 30 second delay on posting as well, which is a good idea to keep down spam, and should be kept. But. if you multi-task tons of things, including forums, you can really only post in one forum at a time sorta.

YOU ARE NOT YOUR POST COUNT

Ya feel me?

Infamously know with the nickname [myg0t]g0d
    Founder of myg0t in 1996
    My IRC Chan atm is: irc.swiftirc.net #g0tmil
    linked to 4 networks and growing including MPGH!

Combat Arms player CBL CLEAN

Help me grow!1

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    i think its actualy 15

just says 30

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Yes Indefinitely

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Here's just some examples of threads that I think could benefit from the option to edit after 24 hours:

Mod's editing
    Liz updates this post so often when WarPath could be perfectly capable to do it himself...

APPLICATION FOR CA CODERS
    First post Could be updated with information about who is on the Hackteam

Everything in this forum
    MPGH's public hack is outdated, but people are still posting, thinking it works.

In this case the title could be edited

I know I have many posts that are misleading because halfway through the conversation we realize that the original thesis was wrong. This is one of them
    Change title
    This one has been irritating me for weeks now. I have known for a while now that you can't edit .rez files with a text editor, but I can not edit the title so it is misleading to people just joining the thread.

Keeping Lists Up to date
    This is a thread that I want to keep up to date, but I can't because I can't edit posts after 24 hours.

Infinite Polls
    These things take forever to fall to the bottom of the forum because people keep voting. With editing the maker of the posts could close the thread.

The Ability to edit posts after 24 hrs has a lot of benefits:
    1. Collects all the information in a thread to one spot (in the case of the first post)
    2. Allow people to update their posts or make corrections
    3. If No one else posts on a thread in 24 hrs and some1 wants to make a correction they can make it without creating a whole new post.
    4. Stopping polls
    etc.
    Last edited by why06; 09-08-2009 at 06:27 AM.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower