D3d Rendering?

Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
D3d Rendering?
Just a quick question, How would you render a image instead of text in D3D?
Err... I'm not too good at D3D since I just started, but here it goes. Create a vertex buffer, fill your vertex buffer. Then use DrawPrimitive to draw your image to the screen.

You would use:

CreateVertexBuffer
SetStreamSource
DrawPrimitive

From what I know.
You can use D3DXCreateTextureFromFile and then simply render it with a sprite object. If you want to embed the image you can use a resource or store the image data in a byte array and create the texture from memory instead.
Damn c# made it look so easy lol
draw a rect and just loadcontent the image RAWR
A little off-topic but at falzarex,
About your sig.
VB can do anything that C# can do.
It's just a matter of how good you are and if you know how to use it right.
Most people just use the basics and just try to be Epik from that.
^^GOOD LUCK GUYS!^^
Quote Originally Posted by Xlilzoosk8rX View Post
A little off-topic but at falzarex,
About your sig.
VB can do anything that C# can do.
It's just a matter of how good you are and if you know how to use it right.
Most people just use the basics and just try to be Epik from that.
^^GOOD LUCK GUYS!^^
C# vs VB
99% of the people that code in C# use their brains.
0.01% of the people that code in VB use their brains.

5% of the people that code in C# are leechers
99.9% of the people that code in VB are leechers

C# is 0.0% attractive to 11 y/o kiddies that think copy+pasting=coding
VB is 100% attractive to 11 y/o kiddies that think copy+pasting=coding

VB got ruined by 11 year olds, lets pray to god that won't happen to C#...
Hell_Demon, I agree with you. I mean, I code VB, C#, and c++. I don't copy and paste at all
.NET apps do all compile to same managed code though I believe ?
If MS didn't flavor the coding styles towards what diff coders were used to it probably would have failed in the market.
well yeah .NET Framework pretty much is everything C/C++/advanced coding stuff put into a nice neat package for easy coding
The only reason VB is so looked down on is because, most people copy and paste.
And use It for useless programs.
Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us