Chat Program vb.net

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
Chat Program vb.net
Hey Everyone!

Today I need help with visual basic with my chat program, I use a online webpage to send text to there and it downloads back into my chatbox so its fine for now, but my issue is with my chat program I want it to download the text if someone adds a message lets say, someone types a text, someone from another pc will download the textfile in the chatbox, (I added a timer trying to do it, but it lags the program out)
I added this
Code:
        Dim web1 As New WebClient
        Dim news1 As String = web1.DownloadString("http://website/chat.dat")
        RichTextBox4.Text = news1
any help will be great maybe PHP saying if file edit = download it to vb or something like that thanks
use a background worker to prevent any hangups.
altho this isn't proper at all and will be very slow. ever looked on TcpClient? pretty straightforward. just google it
Quote Originally Posted by Sazor98 View Post
use a background worker to prevent any hangups.
altho this isn't proper at all and will be very slow. ever looked on TcpClient? pretty straightforward. just google it
The connection will be tough, do you purchase anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Also It isn't working... I added the download txt code to background worker but now it doesn't download??

- - - Updated - - -

I want it to keep repeating, how can I do that?
RunWorkeraSync().
are you sure you activated the worker?
use timers or loops to repeat things. or use the TextChanged event in Richtextbox

and what kind of problems you are having using TCP?
your computer will be the host. or you can grab some free SQL hosting.
You could also use a PHP file to post information to a txt file and make your chat application read from the text file.
Solved! thanks for your help
Quote Originally Posted by NucleaR View Post
Solved! thanks for your help
Solved...
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?