SolvedEggcrack help

Posts 1–15 of 17 · Page 1 of 2
Eggcrack help
When I extract the zip it doesent become an executable jar but just a jar so I cant run it
Quote Originally Posted by maskdgamr View Post
When I extract the zip it doesent become an executable jar but just a jar so I cant run it
Do you have the latest Java framework downloaded?
Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post


Do you have the latest Java framework downloaded?
where would I download it I searched but nothing came up but I think I do
Quote Originally Posted by maskdgamr View Post
where would I download it I searched but nothing came up but I think I do
Weird.. I cannot find it either. If you run Minecraft through Java you should have the software needed and be able to run egg crack.
Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post


Weird.. I cannot find it either. If you run Minecraft through Java you should have the software needed and be able to run egg crack.
well I run mine craft easy but when I try eggcrack it doesn't work
Quote Originally Posted by maskdgamr View Post
well I run mine craft easy but when I try eggcrack it doesn't work
What kind of message does it give you?
Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post


What kind of message does it give you?
none a what I think is command console flashes for half a second then disappears
Can you run the cracker through the console? That may offer you a stacktrace which I can use to debug the problem.

To do this,

1. Open a command prompt
2. Move to the directory where your EggCrack JAR is ("cd C:\Users\You\etc")
3. Run "java -jar EggCrack.jar" where "EggCrack.jar" is the name of the JAR that contains the application
4. Read output, post here

Thanks
Quote Originally Posted by Manevolent View Post
Can you run the cracker through the console? That may offer you a stacktrace which I can use to debug the problem.

To do this,

1. Open a command prompt
2. Move to the directory where your EggCrack JAR is ("cd C:\Users\You\etc")
3. Run "java -jar EggCrack.jar" where "EggCrack.jar" is the name of the JAR that contains the application
4. Read output, post here

Thanks
don't think I did it right but it says unable to access jar file Eggcrack.jar Edit: when I watch or read on how people use theirs they extract the zip or compressed file and Eggcrack becomes an executable jar mine stays as a jar
Quote Originally Posted by maskdgamr View Post
don't think I did it right but it says unable to access jar file Eggcrack.jar Edit: when I watch or read on how people use theirs they extract the zip or compressed file and Eggcrack becomes an executable jar mine stays as a jar
I do remember that the 1.8 release does not extract correctly in all cases, as the file uploaded to MPGH was not packed correctly. The only reason it has stayed this way is I don't agree with MPGH's file approval processes, which is mainly why no official EggCrack 2.0 thread exists (with that said, I don't disrespect their moderators). I don't believe I'm even allowed to recommend you to my GitHub pages any longer to go through that system (releases, issue tracking, etc.). Fortunately many people who needed that level of bug help have already found the project's new home through Google.

MPGH aside, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "executable jar"; all JARs can be executed in the JVM simply by double-clicking on them in a file explorer window. You may want to check the file extension (make sure it's not ".jar.zip" or something like that). I could also benefit from a screenshot of what you're seeing so I can help you better.

Your error in the console earlier is caused by the JVM being unable to find the file by its name (which you supplied as Eggcrack.jar). That could certainly be caused by the problem I stated above.
Quote Originally Posted by Manevolent View Post
I do remember that the 1.8 release does not extract correctly in all cases, as the file uploaded to MPGH was not packed correctly. The only reason it has stayed this way is I don't agree with MPGH's file approval processes, which is mainly why no official EggCrack 2.0 thread exists (with that said, I don't disrespect their moderators). I don't believe I'm even allowed to recommend you to my GitHub pages any longer to go through that system (releases, issue tracking, etc.). Fortunately many people who needed that level of bug help have already found the project's new home through Google.

MPGH aside, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "executable jar"; all JARs can be executed in the JVM simply by double-clicking on them in a file explorer window. You may want to check the file extension (make sure it's not ".jar.zip" or something like that). I could also benefit from a screenshot of what you're seeing so I can help you better.

Your error in the console earlier is caused by the JVM being unable to find the file by its name (which you supplied as Eggcrack.jar). That could certainly be caused by the problem I stated above.
Well guess there's no hope for me ill try to fix it but if it doesn't work it doesn't work but maybe I could show you a bandicam footage of me doing it to see if you could help
Quote Originally Posted by maskdgamr View Post
Well guess there's no hope for me ill try to fix it but if it doesn't work it doesn't work but maybe I could show you a bandicam footage of me doing it to see if you could help
Download Java RE. Google Java RE and you'll find a download.
Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post


Download Java RE. Google Java RE and you'll find a download.
which one theres like 20-30 different downloads on the site
Quote Originally Posted by maskdgamr View Post
which one theres like 20-30 different downloads on the site
What operating system do you have?
Just go to the java website and you'll see download, basically download that first
Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post


What operating system do you have?
Just go to the java website and you'll see download, basically download that first
downloaded it same problem
Posts 1–15 of 17 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us