I need help with Linux

Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1
I need help with Linux
Of the many many diffrent versions there are I need one with the following features:

-CD Live, or an install not overwriting my current windows
-Nice Theme
-Fast, I hear there are some the can run on as low as 30mb Ram
-Good for development, unlike vista
-Is compatible with windows applications, or compatible with WINE
-Free
-Is constantly updated or not forgotten
-Total size below 2GB

*edit*

-Has some sort of manual, or guid on how to setup.
Quote Originally Posted by radnomguywfq3 View Post
Of the many many diffrent versions there are I need one with the following features:

-CD Live, or an install not overwriting my current windows
-Nice Theme
-Fast, I hear there are some the can run on as low as 30mb Ram
-Good for development, unlike vista
-Is compatible with windows applications, or compatible with WINE
-Free
-Is constantly updated or not forgotten
-Total size below 2GB

*edit*

-Has some sort of manual, or guid on how to setup.
**edit**
could someone at least tell me the most used version with CD Live, and a nice theme. If not one that installs not overwriting my previous windows.

P.S Sorry i thought I pressed the edit button XD!
Probably should use Suse. I think it has an option to install and not overwrite existing os.

Used it before... i hate linux.
dave GTFO my section.

dude, here is a link: http://www.frozentech.com/content/livecd.phpⓘ

now go and pick what u want. look em up in google if ur not sure.
and if u have mini cd's then burn dsl(damm small linux, and put it in ur wallet, pretty handy for quick hacking pc's)
Ubuntu is great. Live CD, you can get a new theme, the default is rather generic, good for development, and all that.
Quote Originally Posted by tednugent View Post
Ubuntu is great. Live CD, you can get a new theme, the default is rather generic, good for development, and all that.
ubuntu live cd's suck....install it...and it rox...


btw ubuntu works well with nvidia cards...ati cards have lots of problems.
I installed it, and I have a kinda old ATI card.

Radeon 9000 pro.
(128mb DDR RAM)
I tried to install ubuntu but it crashed my computer.
Quote Originally Posted by tednugent View Post
I installed it, and I have a kinda old ATI card.

Radeon 9000 pro.
(128mb DDR RAM)
yeah...so the 3d desktop is messed up ant it?
I only use two unless I have beryl on.
Quote Originally Posted by siefer132 View Post
UBUNTU FTW!!!!

www.ubuntu.org
LAMO GTFO THIS SECTION.
Quote Originally Posted by siefer132 View Post
UBUNTU FTW!!!!

www.ubuntu.org
Your sig big enough there?
Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us