HelpMarkHC Base

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
MarkHC Base
First of all, shoutout to MarkHC for providing a resource such as this for n00bs like me to learn from. After downloading the base and starting it up on visual studio I've been getting a lot of warnings and errors. The warnings were related to the compiler and possible loss of data and the errors were related to GWL_WNDPROC being an undeclared identifier. Could someone please help me fix this? This is one of the only up to date bases available and I would really love to take a look at it in game. Thanks in advanced ;p

PS: I know this is probably some pathetic n00b mistake, but please dont be too harsh
Quote Originally Posted by CLOOK View Post
snip~
Do you even have the DirectX SDK Installed?
Quote Originally Posted by nexcat View Post
Do you even have the DirectX SDK Installed?
Of course I do... other bases run fine, this one gives problems
Typically I don't like helping people. But anyways the version of VS used and directx sdk is different. OR he did that on purpose. I dunno. Anyways, GWL_WNDPROC is suppose to be: GWLP_WNDPROC
Quote Originally Posted by diamondcoding View Post
Typically I don't like helping people. But anyways the version of VS used and directx sdk is different. OR he did that on purpose. I dunno. Anyways, GWL_WNDPROC is suppose to be: GWLP_WNDPROC
Not sure what you mean, but it was coded on VS2015 with the Windows 10 SDK.

@OP Either try installing the Win10 SDK, which can be found here: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...windows-10-sdk or change the target platform to 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by MarkHC View Post


Not sure what you mean, but it was coded on VS2015 with the Windows 10 SDK.

@OP Either try installing the Win10 SDK, which can be found here: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...windows-10-sdk or change the target platform to 8.1

Tbh, not sure my self. I've been drinking lmfao
Quote Originally Posted by MarkHC View Post


Not sure what you mean, but it was coded on VS2015 with the Windows 10 SDK.

@OP Either try installing the Win10 SDK, which can be found here: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...windows-10-sdk or change the target platform to 8.1

Oh it might be the win sdk then... I was pretty sure vs 2015 came with it though so I didnt install it. Ima take a look once I get home.
Reporting back. I tried to install the Windows 10 SDK. When I started the setup it said, "Features on this computer are up to date", which means I already have it installed (it came with visual studio like i thought). Does anyone have other ideas? I think I'm going to reinstall the DirectX SDK.
1 week has passed and no further replies have been made by the OP. Assuming solved.

/Closed.
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?