HelpName Changer Internal Prob

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
Name Changer Internal Prob
I'm having a problem doing a name changer. Everytime it just sets my name to 0.000000 and idk how to solve it. I'm using the ConVar class from MarkHc's base

Code:
SourceEngine::ConVar* Name = SourceEngine::Interfaces::CVar()->FindVar("name");
			if (Name)
			{
				*(int*)((DWORD)&Name->m_fnChangeCallback + 0xC) = NULL;
				Name->SetValue("blah blah blah");
			}
Firstly you need to paste this:
Code:
static __declspec(naked) void __cdecl Invoke_NET_SetConVar(void* pfn, const char* cvar, const char* value)
{
	__asm {
		push    ebp
			mov     ebp, esp
			and     esp, 0FFFFFFF8h
			sub     esp, 44h
			push    ebx
			push    esi
			push    edi
			mov     edi, cvar
			mov     esi, value
			jmp     pfn
	}
}

void DECLSPEC_NOINLINE NET_SetConVar(const char* value, const char* cvar)
{
	void* pvSetConVar = (char*)Utilities::Memory::FindPattern("engine.dll", (PBYTE)"\x8D\x4C\x24\x1C\xE8\x00\x00\x00\x00\x56", "xxxxx????x");
	Invoke_NET_SetConVar(pvSetConVar, cvar, value);
}
And then you use this as:
Code:
NET_SetConVar("Memes", "name");
Quote Originally Posted by Graaff View Post
Firstly you need to paste this:
Code:
static __declspec(naked) void __cdecl Invoke_NET_SetConVar(void* pfn, const char* cvar, const char* value)
{
	__asm {
		push    ebp
			mov     ebp, esp
			and     esp, 0FFFFFFF8h
			sub     esp, 44h
			push    ebx
			push    esi
			push    edi
			mov     edi, cvar
			mov     esi, value
			jmp     pfn
	}
}

void DECLSPEC_NOINLINE NET_SetConVar(const char* value, const char* cvar)
{
	void* pvSetConVar = (char*)Utilities::Memory::FindPattern("engine.dll", (PBYTE)"\x8D\x4C\x24\x1C\xE8\x00\x00\x00\x00\x56", "xxxxx????x");
	Invoke_NET_SetConVar(pvSetConVar, cvar, value);
}
And then you use this as:
Code:
NET_SetConVar("Memes", "name");
Why would this be used if it is using the SDK
Quote Originally Posted by OhStarQ View Post
Why would this be used if it is using the SDK
When it's not.
Quote Originally Posted by OhStarQ View Post
Why would this be used if it is using the SDK
Ye I'm using the SDK and ofc I'm internal. This is pretty much useless to me, as there are easier way to do this.
Quote Originally Posted by CLOOK View Post
Ye I'm using the SDK and ofc I'm internal. This is pretty much useless to me, as there are easier way to do this.
Code:
Interfaces->Engine->ClientCmd("name \"\n\"");
/Solved & closed.
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us