HelpWhere to learn C#

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
Where to learn C#
Hello, so I've been wanting to write some K-relay plugins. I have roughly done the logic for them, but need to learn c# and actual K-relay. I've got little experience with programming(VB 10 at school). So does anyone have good places to learn C# ?
Quote Originally Posted by MortalShadow View Post
Hello, so I've been wanting to write some K-relay plugins. I have roughly done the logic for them, but need to learn c# and actual K-relay. I've got little experience with programming(VB 10 at school). So does anyone have good places to learn C# ?
If you know how to code VB well, you can just use online tools such as Http://converter.telerik.com to convert VB to C#.

As for any good places to learn C#, probably youtube, I wouldn't search for "How to learn C#" tho, but instead start building the plugin while reading the krelay github documentation, and if any problems come up, then google them.

Stackoverflow is also nice to search if you get stuck somewhere.
Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
If you know how to code VB well, you can just use online tools such as to convert VB to C#.

As for any good places to learn C#, probably youtube, I wouldn't search for "How to learn C#" tho, but instead start building the plugin while reading the krelay github documentation, and if any problems come up, then google them.

Stackoverflow is also nice to search if you get stuck somewhere.
I'm not sure how well I can code VB. I would say barely. The most complex program I did in school, was taking Input from user, validating the input, Doing a calculation, Determining whether someone won an award or something, and outputting everything. None of the programs have really exceeded 100 lines.

Basically what I'm saying is I know basic programming concepts, and I want to learn C#. I don't really mind if it's a tutorial from scratch.
Quote Originally Posted by MortalShadow View Post
Hello, so I've been wanting to write some K-relay plugins. I have roughly done the logic for them, but need to learn c# and actual K-relay. I've got little experience with programming(VB 10 at school). So does anyone have good places to learn C# ?
look up newboston tutorials on youtube
Quote Originally Posted by MortalShadow View Post
Hello, so I've been wanting to write some K-relay plugins. I have roughly done the logic for them, but need to learn c# and actual K-relay. I've got little experience with programming(VB 10 at school). So does anyone have good places to learn C# ?
Microsoft Virtual Academy is also a good place to start.
Quote Originally Posted by MortalShadow View Post
the programs have really exceeded 100 lines.
Amount of lines don't matter (especially in C#, since you have semicolons and can make a 1000 line program in 1 line)

But apart from that, if you have general VB knowledge (which I assume you have since you were able to make that stuff you said above) you can easily learn C#, the only thing different in C# is the syntax, which is a bit harder to read (in my opinion).

Look at the code in the github documentation (im not allowed to link it, so you have to google it) for KRelay, I got started making plugins from reading that.

You could also try to find open source plugins (which exist in KRelays github, he has some plugins there) and read them, and learn from them.
Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
Amount of lines don't matter
My point is that my knowledge of programming comes frrom some High School Computing lessons. I'm gonna go look at the MS academy videos atm.
Quote Originally Posted by MortalShadow View Post
My point is that my knowledge of programming comes frrom some High School Computing lessons. I'm gonna go look at the MS academy videos atm.
Whatever suits you better.

But in general KRelay plugin creating and making C# programs is different.

You need C# knowledge to make KRelay plugins, but you also need to read the documentations.

Good luck.
Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
You need C# knowledge to make KRelay plugins, but you also need to read the documentations.
Yeah I read them but didn't really understand anything. So I figured I have to learn C# first. Thanks for the help !
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?