QuestionVb.Net Servers

Posts 1–15 of 18 · Page 1 of 2
Vb.Net Servers
I've been trying for a while now to find a way of creating a server + client application that works for multiple computers. Essentially, you connect to the server and type the name of your habamon. As long as the program is still running, you will rank up other peoples habamons while yours gets ranked up as well. I can't figure out a way of doing it without showing ppl my ip, which i definitely don't want to do. Anyone know a way around this?
use a proxy?
^^Mr. Know it all
i dont know exactly, but thats just my suggestion...
*bump* ppl this topic hasn't been solved properly. thanks Justin for the reply, but I also need the code to create the aforementioned server.
No need to bump so soon.

It is possible and rather simple, however, you will need to give the "Clients" a IP address, so be prepared to five your IP address or rent a dedicated windows server
Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
No need to bump so soon.

It is possible and rather simple, however, you will need to give the "Clients" a IP address, so be prepared to five your IP address or rent a dedicated windows server
what does "five your IP address" mean?
Do you want me to post a server of a chat(not local can use any ip)? Multiple clients available.
Quote Originally Posted by Blubb1337 View Post
Do you want me to post a server of a chat(not local can use any ip)? Multiple clients available.
Yes please! I will put your name in the credits when I release this. Tyvm.
@ MN
Provide* Not five, sorry

You can make a TCP/IP Version, but its not the same, You will need to give a IP address, There may be a work around using companies like NoIp, But never tried
It does work with no-ip. I've tested the chat with no-ip. It did work.
Then your going to have to give an IP
My absolute only problem with this is that I can't figure out how to make it use remote ip instead of local. Help anyone?
Posts 1–15 of 18 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us