Exclamation[Help]C++ or C#

Posts 1–15 of 25 · Page 1 of 2
[Help]C++ or C#
I'm looking at learning a new language. C++ or C#. Which one should i learn? What are their advantages? Better at hacks? More refined? Object Oriented? Good books on them?

Please give me suitable advices relating to the stated above.
Quote Originally Posted by lalakijilp View Post
http://www.mpgh.net/forum/31-c-c/86812-faq.html

why06 is there a ban for stupid questions?
its not a stupid questions, its perfectly normal one, even if there is an answer around.

in a few words:
C# will do better for Windows API's
C++ will do better for hacks
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
its not a stupid questions, its perfectly normal one, even if there is an answer around.

in a few words:
C# will do better for Windows API's
C++ will do better for hacks
yeah it is a perfectly normal question but it also is perfectly normal to read the FAQ before asking a perfectly normal frequently asked question.
Quote Originally Posted by lalakijilp View Post
yeah it is a perfectly normal question but it also is perfectly normal to read the FAQ before asking a perfectly normal frequently asked question.
how many FAQ's do you see/read when you get to a forum? every? i doupt.. None? I guess..

It's normal to ask these question, and it's not the first time i see it being asked, but it's the first time i see someone saying: "go to the FAQ"...
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
how many FAQ's do you see/read when you get to a forum? every? i doupt.. None? I guess..

It's normal to ask these question, and it's not the first time i see it being asked, but it's the first time i see someone saying: "go to the FAQ"...
Go to the FAQ. There now it's the second time.

We got a whole string of these questions in the past. The entire forum was full of them. hence the FAQ. It's really a personal preference ilikewaterha. I've seen lilzoo make that nice menu in C# and everything, so I suppose your only really limited by how much effort you put in. Since your already experienced in VB I would recommend C# since its another .NET language. Personally I like C++, not just because of what it can do, but it educated me a lot about memory management, something I never had to worry about in Java. Now to be honest I like not being controlled by a Virtual Machine. The logical step for me should have been C++, but your can stay in abstracted languages as much as you want, but I don't believe you'll get to understand the complexities of memory without moving to a lower language, but maybe you don't need to. =/
DId you not see the rest of my question?
Quote Originally Posted by Invidus View Post
DId you not see the rest of my question?
I did
google for books.
i would start with C# then move on to C++ ilikewaterha.. can i be in your group.. if yes, im gonna release you a Multi Tool I Made
Thanks again Why! Well, i looked at the faq ages ago. I was pondering this question to NextGen and he answered excellently just like you did. He said i can do anything as long as i work hard enough, just like you said. Yes, C# is a .NET language, so hence. I shall study it first ;D. Then i shall study C++. Personally, i'd rather stay on track with Object Oriented Languages before C++. THanks to all! Anybody know any good books. And no, i won't google it, they don't give opinions.
Quote Originally Posted by Invidus View Post
And no, i won't google it, they don't give opinions.
Amazon.com gives opinions.
That's is always where I get reviews before I buy a book. I reviewed my C++ beginners guide there before I bought it and it turned out to be an excellent book.

I would tell you to stay away from compiler specific books, but with .NET you really don't have a choice. =/
Well then, now that's that out of the way. Who gave little kids some candy this spring break?
It's a bit more than personal preference... C# runs with the CLR and can't/doesn't facility embedded ASM, and the CLR manages memory for it, it would be impossible to make hacks when going through a VM like C# has too. C# is good for mass packaging of Windows specific products, nothing else....
~
O jeez why06 u remembered me....
anyway i use a combination of both,
learn C++ first, considering it is the standard,
for most basic programs today.
Get the feel for it, then, move on to C#.
C# is much easier if u understand the concepts of C++.
But wouldn't C# be easier since C# is object oriented?
Posts 1–15 of 25 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us