Using MacBook after refunding

Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
Using MacBook after refunding
Hey guys, I refunded a maxed out MacBook pro recently and was successful in doing so. Anyway, I am in the market for a new laptop so I thought of using this MacBook pro for 6-7 months and then later sell it. Currently, I am getting offers of $3k which I feel isn't all that great whereas if I use the macbook and sell it in 6 months, I might get something like $2600-$2700. Anyway, I placed an order using my home internet connection! I will be making a new apple ID, put a new address, use a new card etc. Can you please tell me what all precautionary methods should I take so that the Mac isn't linked to me? Thanks
from mac its harder. create or buy apple id from someone or do it from wind
Sorry I did not understand your response. I will obviously be creating an apple ID from my phone or something, not from the refunded Mac.
Quote Originally Posted by loln007 View Post
Sorry I did not understand your response. I will obviously be creating an apple ID from my phone or something, not from the refunded Mac.
I'm pretty sure he was trying to say use someone else's Apple ID, like a friend or someone you deem trustworthy to be absolutely safe and not have anything potentially link back to you.
Quote Originally Posted by TBE View Post
I'm pretty sure he was trying to say use someone else's Apple ID, like a friend or someone you deem trustworthy to be absolutely safe and not have anything potentially link back to you.
What if I create a new apple ID and use it? How will it be different than using someone else's Apple ID? I understand that they can link the macbook via IP address that I used to place the order, but other than that, I don't anticipate any other way to link the refunded macbook. Can anyone using a refunded macbook chime in?
Change the IP + Address + CC + Apple ID.
If you are going to sell it off you may as well do it now and avoid the hassle
you should be fine my thread, just change everything and you will be good!
sell it now, shit if you're getting $3,000 jump on that RIGHT NOW
the 2017 model, MPTT2LL/A , goes for 2.4k-2.5k on ebay MAX if you open it and sell it used then it will cut the value down 25% you'll get 1.8k-2.2k
fuck using macbooks, get that money instead lol ( i say, as i type on my refunded mac before apple started going up everyones asshole)
Quote Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
fuck using macbooks, get that money instead lol ( i say, as i type on my refunded mac before apple started going up everyones asshole)
LOL. Someone offered me 3k yesterday and I was like na, I might use it! I have never used a mac before, so I am very excited to use it! If I don't like it, I will sell it in next 6 months and might still get 2K for it!

Crowley, before using your mac, did you get a new IP, Apple ID with a New Card, Name, Address, phone number attached to it?
Quote Originally Posted by loln007 View Post
LOL. Someone offered me 3k yesterday and I was like na, I might use it! I have never used a mac before, so I am very excited to use it! If I don't like it, I will sell it in next 6 months and might still get 2K for it!

Crowley, before using your mac, did you get a new IP, Apple ID with a New Card, Name, Address, phone number attached to it?
ip mightve regenerated because im always resetting it anyways and no i didn't use new ID, sure as hell not gonna use the same id for anything now
I hate the keyboards on the new Macs. I would sell and get a 2015 to be honest.
keyboard seems the same do you mean the annoying touch bar? i still hit siri by accident and there's no way to turn it off. yeah i can move the icon but i'll still hit it
a maxed out $4.6k macbook will only go around $3k on ebay, just sold mine a few month ago.
Quote Originally Posted by oceansoul View Post
a maxed out $4.6k macbook will only go around $3k on ebay, just sold mine a few month ago.
can confirm, which is why i just kept mine and just sold the next one down, maxed out 1tb for 3k.
Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?