ExclamationVisual Basics encountered an internal error

Posts 1–15 of 24 · Page 1 of 2
Visual Basics encountered an internal error
I get that error when ever i try to open vb.net 2008. I have rebooted any everything. any help?
What's the error?

Are you opening it from start menu, desktop or IDE folder
Huh thats odd. Reinstall =D or get VStudio
I would try running the application from the IDE folder, and see if it still errors first


C:\Program Files\Visual Studio\Common\IDE\VBexpress.exe

or somthing like that,

if on a 64bit system, it will be in program files(x86)\....
Zman, albeit NextGen's handy answer above, i recommend you get Visual Studio 2008! It's very handy and easy to use.
I have vs 2008. and nextgen that didnt work.

I got this AVE virus a few days ago, i think i did something to it
Check Firewall settings in the antivirus, Disable your antivirus and test.

If you still error, let me know.
antivirus and firewall has nothing to do with this What type of computer you got thats where we need to start off at.
No offense Big boy, But are you one of those tech guys who automatically assume the consumer is so naive that you have to ask

"Is the Computer Plugged in"

I have been working in this section for a long time, I know Zamans Specs, and His prerequisites are more then sufficient.

In true debugging, you want to find a actually determining factor.

So first Test. Has the Icon lost site of the application path, or does the application have dll requirements that are missing or moved, test by trying to run the application from the application folder.

If you run any application that can modify memory , processes, applications, windows, manipulate through api or etc and your antivirus is active and is using a "Firewall" then as a 3rd party (non microsoft) application , it is more then plausible your firewall is blocking it, Test by disabling your firewall or adding it to the excepted list, or decreasing the level (high, medium, low)

Basic Tech 101


Some errors come with Memory dumps and report files, that information could be helpful, as well as what the whole error says (if diff from thread title)

Thanks nextgen. I dont know what happen. i got this ave virus, it took away EVERY permission to ALL my files. but i was able to get it back, but now i get that error. It sucks
O btw big boy, i bet my computer will blow yours out of the water. I hae a 9800gtx card, 6 gigs of ram 700 gigs or hard drive, 26 inch HD monitor plus a quad and a duo processor (depending on what computer i am on)

I am NOT dumb i have tried google and everything else.

Nexgen1 knows what he is doing. "Get out of his way"
If Your antivirus has disabled or changed rights , then try removing or disabling it.

Let me know the results, also try a system restore, go back to a date you are sure it was working, post results.
I diabled my anti virus but no luck. but i can restore cause my date that my computer was good is past a week
Hmm... restore dates usually go back months , Ok, so what about a complete uninstall and reinstall, your project folder should be unaffected.
Posts 1–15 of 24 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?