[Help] Shockwave player 64-bit.

Posts 1–15 of 17 · Page 1 of 2
[Help] Shockwave player 64-bit.
Hey guys.

I'm having trouble using the Shockwave player in VB.NET on my 64-bit vista PC.

Well for starters it's not even in COM components..

SS



Also, before when it WAS there, whenever I tried to run my program with the object there it would always return this error.



After doing some research I found that a lot of people that had this error were on a 64-bit OS and that is apparently the problem.

My 2 questions are:

1. How the hell do I actually get the player back into my COM components (where do I browse for it typically, what's the file called etc.)

2. How do I get the stupid thing working on a 64-bit computer.

Hope you guys can help

J-Deezy.
Default Name is AxWindowsShockWavePlayer1, default toolbar name is Shockwave Player and default .dll name is AxInterop.ShockwaveFlashObjects.dll.

Ik this doesn't help you xD

I could upload the .dll, however I guess this won't help u tho.
I'm going to search for AxInterop.ShockwaveFlashObjects.dll in the registry and then try manually add it back in.

64-bit is so friggen frustrating -.-
There isn't a 64-bit version of Flash Player (ActiveX for .NET). To access pages with Flash content, you'll have to open an instance of IE 32-bit.
at components press "browse" and go to its main folder and choose 2 dlls... (idk which 2.. just find)
Quote Originally Posted by /b/oss View Post
at components press "browse" and go to its main folder and choose 2 dlls... (idk which 2.. just find)
Can you plz bother to read other's posts !! ? There exists dll's but not for 64 bit !!! Class not registered means the system architecture is not supporting the activeX !!!
Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post
Can you plz bother to read other's posts !! ? There exists dll's but not for 64 bit !!! Class not registered means the system architecture is not supporting the activeX !!!
yee didn't read its 64 bit -.-""""
Quote Originally Posted by /b/oss View Post


yee didn't read its 64 bit -.-""""
Wow it's in the title as well. L2read.

FLAMESABER, how would I go about opening an instance of IE in 32-bit or whatever. Im choob at this nonsense.
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Wow it's in the title as well. L2read.

FLAMESABER, how would I go about opening an instance of IE in 32-bit or whatever. Im choob at this nonsense.
IE64-bit is a "level 2" browser. Flash and ActiveX controls are only supported in "level 1" browsers (e.g., IE 32-bit). You need to turn your default web-browser to IE32. I don't think you can handle this. It's a bit advanced !! If you still want the conversion then I can suggest you some articles.
Bleh you're probably right, I'm too lazy to figure all this shit out just to fiddle around with flash trainers. Shame really. I really need a 32-bit computer. 64-bit just seems to come with a shitload of problems.
Okay well one problem sorted. Got the actual object in the toolbox now.

Now just to get the fucker working

EDIT: shit double post, sorry. Please merge /remove this?
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Okay well one problem sorted. Got the actual object in the toolbox now.

Now just to get the fucker working

EDIT: shit double post, sorry. Please merge /remove this?
anyway, there's a way to make your PC from 64bit to 32bit... i think it's a programm, so the others 32bit won't work su u'll have a 32bit PC
u manually edit it in the vbproj file

Project => Projectname.vbproj(open in notepad)

add this after the declarations:

Code:
<PlatformTarget>x86</PlatformTarget>
finished (about)

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Project ToolsVersion="3.5" DefaultTargets="Build" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003">
  <PropertyGroup>
    <PlatformTarget>x86</PlatformTarget>
Quote Originally Posted by mnpeepno2 View Post
u manually edit it in the vbproj file

Project => Projectname.vbproj(open in notepad)

add this after the declarations:

Code:
<PlatformTarget>x86</PlatformTarget>
finished (about)

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Project ToolsVersion="3.5" DefaultTargets="Build" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003">
  <PropertyGroup>
    <PlatformTarget>x86</PlatformTarget>
Thanks mate, worked a charm. +thanks
Posts 1–15 of 17 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?