Would this be possible?

Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1
Would this be possible?
Hi there!

Well, I've been playing around with some scope guns (XM8, M4a1-Custom) and the like, and I've been wondering; Is there any way to mod a file in the crossfire directory to change the look of the "scope" when you are scoped in?

For example, giving the M4a1 custom the Awm's scoped in appearance? Or anything like that? I think that would be pretty cool to be able to do ^_^

Only positive responses please, I'm just asking, so don't call me a noob or anything xD
i dont think so dude . i wish we could
Dang that blows I was really hoping to be able to do something like that xD Because if anyone else is like me- The way the scope looks can be a bit distracting, and therefore make it just a tad suffering accuracy wise
yeah that would be pretty sick
lol well, idk there might be a scope skin for each gun somewhere in all the files, and if you could locate which is which you may be able to change the skins, but the fact that the two scopes have different animation (m4 is wobbles when you move, and awm has lines that retract showing the accuracy) probably puts them in two totally different catagories. in the end, i think you may be able to find the scope skins somewhere, it's just the animation for them that you may have trouble modifying.
acually there is but its really difficult. Only the people that created the game could do it sorry :3
i think it might be possible its probably a rez file or in UI
yeah the animation wouldnt be hard but i dont think we have acces to it. also i think it is in the game's code that says, if the specif gun's scope is selected the same scope will come up
it is most likely in the rez files as because that is where all in game texxtures and such are extracted from.....so basically we need someone do make a rez decompiler like the one for CA
The .rez files..
Quote Originally Posted by tristesse View Post
Hi there!

Well, I've been playing around with some scope guns (XM8, M4a1-Custom) and the like, and I've been wondering; Is there any way to mod a file in the crossfire directory to change the look of the "scope" when you are scoped in?

For example, giving the M4a1 custom the Awm's scoped in appearance? Or anything like that? I think that would be pretty cool to be able to do ^_^

Only positive responses please, I'm just asking, so don't call me a noob or anything xD
nah -.- the weapons are like in real so u can`t customing them ...
Quote Originally Posted by XM8-ADV-[3 Burst Scope] View Post
nah -.- the weapons are like in real so u can`t customing them ...

dot dot dot....In real life you can customize just about any gun in existence...whether it be a cosmetic customization (appearance) or an accesorizing customization (changing of the scope, adding a laser sight, silencing or removing a silencer)

Though I understand that at this current time its impossible to change the scope

Anyway, thanks for all the replies and input and information.
welll have you ever opened a rez. with a note pad?? if yes did you see all that letters and shits??? well that is the texture so...u can do it from that...If you are going to find out what rez u need to change(hard thing) but i like to get an Aug scope like the MSG...xD
Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us