Paypal negative balance

Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
Paypal negative balance
Hey, um, so someone chargebacked on my paypal and im -20$. I have my credit card attached to it, and since i dont wanna pay cent to them what will happen? Can they take money from my card or they have no rights to it? I always had positive transactions with Pp and never negative balance so all kinda new to me. This is my main paypal all my info not stealth.
Explain all of that to them. They may absorb the $20 hit for you. Same thing happened to me. A few years back, $150.00 charge back, I called PP, explained the situation, explained my business with them, how I'm an existing long time customer of PayPal. They forwarded the complaint to a higher up, 3 days later, they absorbed the the loss and thanked me for my business.

However, with that being said, in the event they don't. You can remove your credentials off the account and let it go stale. You will not be able to use those same credentials on a new account though. If you create a new PayPal with that banking account or credit card, it will likely link those 2 accounts together and cause some issues.

They also send a couple emails threatening you with creditors down the line. However, I can't imagine they'd go after you for $20. Alas, I digress, give them a call, explain yourself, sound upset. Should be fine.
Do i have to call? Im in Europe and calling would be rly expensive for me.
Quote Originally Posted by Makisha5 View Post
Do i have to call? Im in Europe and calling would be rly expensive for me.
Using something like sky.pe with balance added in may come in cheaper to call them. I think it comes out around like half a dollar for the full conversation.

Also it's just 20$. Paypal is not going to try and collect that money or something if you don't pay it. It's your personal account tho, it's probably a good idea to pay it so your account doesn't end up unusable.
Quote Originally Posted by Makisha5 View Post
Do i have to call? Im in Europe and calling would be rly expensive for me.
Paypal offer a toll-free number to communicate with, it's found on their website and going to Support section.
Quote Originally Posted by Makisha5 View Post
Do i have to call? Im in Europe and calling would be rly expensive for me.
It doesn't cost you a penny to call them. They can even call you.
Yes, you'd have to call.
Quote Originally Posted by Makisha5 View Post
Hey, um, so someone chargebacked on my paypal and im -20$. I have my credit card attached to it, and since i dont wanna pay cent to them what will happen? Can they take money from my card or they have no rights to it? I always had positive transactions with Pp and never negative balance so all kinda new to me. This is my main paypal all my info not stealth.
A friend of mine that I know use to do refunds and he said that he would never get taken the chargeback negative fees from him they always would just ignore it or wait until you put money onto your paypal balance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makisha5 View Post
Hey, um, so someone chargebacked on my paypal and im -20$. I have my credit card attached to it, and since i dont wanna pay cent to them what will happen? Can they take money from my card or they have no rights to it? I always had positive transactions with Pp and never negative balance so all kinda new to me. This is my main paypal all my info not stealth.
A friend of mine that I know use to do refunds and he said that he would never get taken the chargeback negative fees from him they always would just ignore it or wait until you put money onto your paypal balance.
Just don't do anything. Nobody is coming home to ask for 20$
Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
Just don't do anything. Nobody is coming home to ask for 20$
Probably I don't understand the question properly but why don't you just fill up the balance ? If it's your private paypal I would highly recommend this, there's no need to call them. Also they won't take the 20$ from your cc , if it's been more than 2 weeks in a negative balance you will have to pay fees.
Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
Just don't do anything. Nobody is coming home to ask for 20$
Had a creditor call me about a $19 hospital bill my insurance never paid for. You never know
I know 20$ is not a lot but i dont wanna give them 20$ bcs they're shit ass company and they always side with buyers, so im just tillted. Thanks on advice. I will add ***** credit i completely forgot about that one.
Quote Originally Posted by Makisha5 View Post
Do i have to call? Im in Europe and calling would be rly expensive for me.
call the european hotline is what id suggest in that case
Id definitely remove your cc. I remember back in 2017 they took $80 from my cc for negative balance
Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?