Intel or AMD?

Posts 61–75 of 88 · Page 5 of 6
Quote Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
Hello!
I am one of the people who have been using Intel for their whole life on their computers/laptop. I have never used an AMD PC before. But I find it weird how AMD CPUs are double the cores/threads than Intel ones and are much cheaper. So I'm really unsure about which to buy.
I planned a while ago on upgrading my PC to a 8th gen MOBO (cause the one I have supports 6th/7th) with an i3-8100 cpu which would satisfy my needs. Some people however recommended me to get AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with a B450 M

I just need my PC to play a couple games which aren't very high-end, such as Apex Legends. And calling with people on ******* at the same time and that's pretty much what my maximum would be. I'm not going to edit videos or use Autodesk apps or such stuff. Just a little gaming.
Going to add my old GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with it.

Thanks for reading all this, your opinion would be really appreciated.


- - - Updated - - -

edit: just seen a thread about this but people seem to have different opinions, so i would prefer more clarification on which one is the best for gaming
I say AMD cause if you overclock your cpu, Intel wont do shit about it
Intel because i love expensive one
I9-10900 gang
Intel only for gaming if you plan to do anything else as well as stream AMD is the way to go
Not only for gaming, education and recent trends with ML, intel has better resell value than AMD, AMD is good too but Intel is like apple for CPU.
Intel for games atm but AMD and is catching-up real Fast. I would go for amd atm.
I used to be an all the way Intel guy but since I tried Ryzen 7 3700X I ain't looking back on Intel.
Also keeps room warm on winters
Price Quality AMD is the best, Best perfomance is Intel
Intel for best perfs at gaming, and very good perf with multitask too. They are pretty much just better.

My I7 9700k still killing it
AMD always.. intel are scalpers
AMD, won't have to change Motherboard to upgrade later down the line either.
For the longest time Intel, however the last few years they have been stagnant and I finally pulled the trigger in October/November and built an AMD system. Haven't regretted it so far.
I would go Intel, I upgraded to an i9 10850k recently and havent looked back since
Posts 61–75 of 88 · Page 5 of 6

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us