Your thoughts on AMD CPUs?

Posts 1–15 of 44 · Page 1 of 3
Your thoughts on AMD CPUs?
I feel like AMD has the same problem as Apple or Razer

Most haters just hate them because the majority uses Intel, i use to talk really bad about AMD but recently i upgraded my PC and instead of an i9 9900k, i went for an AMD Ryzen 7 3700x (i should have gone for 3900x ngl)

AMD is doing way better than Intel now, i don't know what Intel will do in the future but as of right now, AMD is making the best CPUs + anyone can afford them.
I also switched to AMD a year ago and im not regretting my decision, perfect performance for the price
didn't use it, but saw some reviews that they are tend to overheat
Quote Originally Posted by simranrr View Post
didn't use it, but saw some reviews that they are tend to overheat
Never heard about this problem, mine is rocking.
Used to be Intel > AMD, you'd pay the premium for performance and quality.

Now its Intel<AMD, Intel still has that premium price and quality, but no longer blown out the water performance against the Ryzen series. Ryzen series provides relatively cheap powerhouses against Intel.
I used to rock the core 2 duo intel but ever since I bought ryzen 3500 its been a whole new world.

tbf everyone looks at what you get for what you give, amd has good both on budget and usage so its a easy choice for me when you look at it that way
They work well and are priced better than Intel's CPU's are.
AMD have really stepped up their game lately.

People prefer Intel because it's a known brand for its quality, their better supported architecture, and less hassle like the older motherboards not supporting AMD's newgen without flashing in the updated BIOS.
Overall, AMD wins for having higher performance for lower prices.
Quote Originally Posted by Mayion View Post
AMD have really stepped up their game lately.

People prefer Intel because it's a known brand for its quality, their better supported architecture, and less hassle like the older motherboards not supporting AMD's newgen without flashing in the updated BIOS.
Overall, AMD wins for having higher performance for lower prices.
A note on this too;
Since some motherboard's offer the ability to flash the BIOS without a CPU, makes it harder to not get the cheaper one for an extra, small step.
Quote Originally Posted by Astronautix View Post
A note on this too;
Since some motherboard's offer the ability to flash the BIOS without a CPU, makes it harder to not get the cheaper one for an extra, small step.
Yeah my mobo needed a cpu to boot, i think it was a B450? don't remember. But i got the seller to do it for me, so wasnt that big of a deal.
Any computer shop should be able to do it on the go
Quote Originally Posted by aku View Post
I feel like AMD has the same problem as Apple or Razer

Most haters just hate them because the majority uses Intel, i use to talk really bad about AMD but recently i upgraded my PC and instead of an i9 9900k, i went for an AMD Ryzen 7 3700x (i should have gone for 3900x ngl)

AMD is doing way better than Intel now, i don't know what Intel will do in the future but as of right now, AMD is making the best CPUs + anyone can afford them.
I bought exactly the same CPU couple days ago I can't wait to use it. I think it should be better than my current fx8350
Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Anarchy View Post
I bought exactly the same CPU couple days ago I can't wait to use it. I think it should be better than my current fx8350
Haha, yes definitely will be faster but that CPU is still pretty decent for being like 8 years old.
If you're building a PC in today's age there's absolutely no reason not to buy Ryzen. Unless you just enjoy spending more money purely for the fact that Intel has better support, then Ryzen is the way to go.
Quote Originally Posted by sasori~ View Post
If you're building a PC in today's age there's absolutely no reason not to buy Ryzen. Unless you just enjoy spending more money purely for the fact that Intel has better support, then Ryzen is the way to go.
Also motherboards with support for 3700-3900x are cheaper.
Quote Originally Posted by aku View Post


Also motherboards with support for 3700-3900x are cheaper.
Yup, I still currently have intel in my pc but I built mine before the release of the newer Ryzens. When I build a new PC in the next couple years I'm going ryzen for sure.
Posts 1–15 of 44 · Page 1 of 3

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Need help?