HelpLoot Notification Colors

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
Loot Notification Colors
So I was following @wycuhmi 's tutorial on how to add loot notifications and I could add them just fine, but I couldn't change the color.
I'm using FSOD/AS3 source and also tried the way @Demon posted in the comments, but I don't know what to assign the integers "namecolor" and "color" to because everytime i try assigning it to "TextColor" I get an error

Code:
public void SendNotif(string text, int namecolor = 0x00d1ff, int color = 0x007fd8)
        {
            Client.SendPacket(new TextPacket()
            {
                BubbleTime = 0,
                Stars = -1,
                Name = "Loot Notification",
                Text = text
            });

        }
I noticed that different send packets like "SendError" and "SendHelp" in Player.Chat.cs had different colors when they were used so I tried to dig around and find where those colors were assigned but I couldn't find anything.

I also tried renaming it to "SendLegendary" (because it's for legendary loot) and I noticed the Name of the sender was green and the text was white but I still don't know how to change that

I also was wondering if it was client sided, and if anyone knew where I could change it if so?

Any help would be appreciated
Quote Originally Posted by EatingBeast123 View Post
So I was following @wycuhmi 's tutorial on how to add loot notifications and I could add them just fine, but I couldn't change the color.
I'm using FSOD/AS3 source and also tried the way @Demon posted in the comments, but I don't know what to assign the integers "namecolor" and "color" to because everytime i try assigning it to "TextColor" I get an error

Code:
public void SendNotif(string text, int namecolor = 0x00d1ff, int color = 0x007fd8)
        {
            Client.SendPacket(new TextPacket()
            {
                BubbleTime = 0,
                Stars = -1,
                Name = "Loot Notification",
                Text = text
            });

        }
I noticed that different send packets like "SendError" and "SendHelp" in Player.Chat.cs had different colors when they were used so I tried to dig around and find where those colors were assigned but I couldn't find anything.

I also tried renaming it to "SendLegendary" (because it's for legendary loot) and I noticed the Name of the sender was green and the text was white but I still don't know how to change that

I also was wondering if it was client sided, and if anyone knew where I could change it if so?

Any help would be appreciated
It's clientsided and it depends on the prefix like "*" etc.
Quote Originally Posted by CP-William View Post
It's clientsided and it depends on the prefix like "*" etc.
Thanks I found it

If anyone else was wondering its in kabam.rotmg.chat.view.ChatListItemFactory.as
Well you're not even sending the colors in that text packet so that's a problem. Also you assign hex colors there. Just google hex color picker and do 0x<yourhexcolor> as the color
I know I wasn't sending the colors the problem was it wouldn't let me assign hex colors there it always gave me an error. Idk what I was doing wrong but in the middle of writing this message i tried again and it worked. Thanks I guess
Quote Originally Posted by Orbit View Post
Well you're not even sending the colors in that text packet so that's a problem. Also you assign hex colors there. Just google hex color picker and do 0x<yourhexcolor> as the color
No. His source does not have colors set from server side, it's set by client depending on prefix in chatmanager.
Quote Originally Posted by CP-William View Post
No. His source does not have colors set from server side, it's set by client depending on prefix in chatmanager.
Why are there parameters in the function for hex colors then?
Quote Originally Posted by Orbit View Post
Why are there parameters in the function for hex colors then?
I think that was in relation to a comment I made on the ineffectiveness of passing key character parameters in the chat when you can simply just handle it via hex colors. Basically it was a misunderstanding.
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?