Alright look, when I need to find a pointer in a game but I don’t have the exact address, I can use something called a signature or AOB (Array of Bytes).
The idea is that instead of looking for a fixed pointer, I search memory for a pattern of instructions or values that always show up near the thing I want.
For example, I might see an instruction like
. I take its bytes and turn them into a pattern like:
When I scan memory and find this pattern, I know the 4 bytes after A1 are usually the pointer I need.
There are two common types of signatures:
Static signature: This points directly to the value, and usually stays the same across updates.
Relative signature: These use opcodes like call, jmp, or lea that reference addresses relative to the instruction. You can calculate the real address by reading the offset and adding it to the instruction’s location.
To give you a real-world example, here’s a static signature I use:
This one gives me the fish pointer directly. I found it around 5 months ago, and it still works after many updates. In fact, it's the same one used in the multicheat tool.
So yeah, signature scanning is super useful when you want something stable instead of chasing pointers after every update.
If you want to go deeper, look up signature scanning or AOB scanning. You’ll find tons of guides and tools like Cheat Engine to help.
The idea is that instead of looking for a fixed pointer, I search memory for a pattern of instructions or values that always show up near the thing I want.
For example, I might see an instruction like
Code:
mov eax, [some_pointer]
Code:
A1 ?? ?? ?? ?? 89 45 FC
There are two common types of signatures:
Static signature: This points directly to the value, and usually stays the same across updates.
Relative signature: These use opcodes like call, jmp, or lea that reference addresses relative to the instruction. You can calculate the real address by reading the offset and adding it to the instruction’s location.
To give you a real-world example, here’s a static signature I use:
Code:
10 14 XX XX 00 00 00 00 FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 80 3F
So yeah, signature scanning is super useful when you want something stable instead of chasing pointers after every update.
If you want to go deeper, look up signature scanning or AOB scanning. You’ll find tons of guides and tools like Cheat Engine to help.
