LightbulbOffset Changed After Update — How Should I Access/Write Now,HELP?

Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
Offset Changed After Update — How Should I Access/Write Now,HELP?
Hey, how are you?

I'm trying to update my norecoil after a recent patch, but I'm not sure if I'm handling the new offset correctly.

Background:
Previously, I used the address (base + offsetClient) as a pointer to a struct, like this:

Code:
DWORD_PTR baseAddr = NULL;
 
const uintptr_t offsetClient = 0x3298DF0; ///44 88 3D ? ? ? ? 44 89 3D ? ? ? ? 4C 89 3D ? ? ? ? 44 88 3D ? ? ? ? 4C 89 3D ? ? ? ? for the struct
const uintptr_t offsetRecoil1 = 0x668;    // C7 83 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? C7 83 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? FF 90 ? ? ? ? F3 0F 10 93 ? ? ? ? 0F 57 F6 0F 2F F2 
const uintptr_t offsetRecoil3 = 0x0EF8;
 
void applyRecoil(void)
{
    DWORD64 clientAddr = *(DWORD64*)(baseAddr + offsetClient);
 
    if (clientAddr != NULL)
    {
        *(DWORD64*)(clientAddr + offsetRecoil1) = (DWORD64)-1;
        *(DWORD64*)(clientAddr + offsetRecoil3) = (DWORD64)0;
    }
}
But now, after the update, in IDA I see that byte_13298DF0 is just a byte, not a pointer or struct, and I'm not sure if it's just a flag or if the structure/pointer has moved.

My question:
Should I still treat this offset as a pointer to a struct (read the pointer at (base + offset), then use sub-offsets)?
Or is it now just a simple flag/byte, so I should write to it directly (like *(BYTE*)(base + offset) = 1?

I already tried to handle it like before (as a pointer), but it’s not working and I'm getting crash/report errors.

Could you please take a look and let me know the correct way to access/manipulate this address after the update? If you need a screenshot or a dump, I can send it.

Thanks a lot!
const uintptr_t offsetClient = 0x3298DF0;

dont change after patch? or u already update this
Do you even know what you're doing? Or are you just copying and pasting?



There has been a big change in the LTClientShell/PlayerClient, probably your pointer and offsets don't work anymore, your default might be throwing you to another region
XD
Quote Originally Posted by Baza2k22 View Post
Do you even know what you're doing? Or are you just copying and pasting?



There has been a big change in the LTClientShell/PlayerClient, probably your pointer and offsets don't work anymore, your default might be throwing you to another region
I tested it, but both the recoil and the crosshair disappear, and when firing multiple shots, sometimes only a single bullet occasionally hits the wall. It doesn�t seem to be working properly.
Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?