Linux help?

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
Linux help?
Yo..

I ran into a little trouble here on Linux... Is there a way to run/assemble 16 bit programs on Linux? If so, anyone know how to compile/assemble them? I tried assembling some code into a .bin file before and it gave me no compile errors, but how do you run it.. I know the 32 bit ones have something to do with ELF... but I'm not really sure..

So, if anyone would like to clear up how Linux works on this part, that would be awesome.

Also, Idk where this should go so I'm posting it here...
Quote Originally Posted by therofl View Post
Yo..

I ran into a little trouble here on Linux... Is there a way to run/assemble 16 bit programs on Linux? If so, anyone know how to compile/assemble them? I tried assembling some code into a .bin file before and it gave me no compile errors, but how do you run it.. I know the 32 bit ones have something to do with ELF... but I'm not really sure..

So, if anyone would like to clear up how Linux works on this part, that would be awesome.

Also, Idk where this should go so I'm posting it here...
Isnt asm platfrom dependant?
No, it's not..
Quote Originally Posted by therofl View Post
No, it's not..
It is for embedded system though
Like dreamcast. CH4 Dreamcast assembly i think...
It's dependent on the processor, not the OS.
hmmmmz why are you trying assemble 16 bit programs?
To make a bootloader.
for what??
For practice? Also I'm going to try and make a small terminal, I guess you can call it an OS, but it won't really operate much..

Everything I program at the moment is for learning purposes and it's my hobby, I honestly find programming fun.
Lol nice. Something Like a Sol-20 Terminal?
Asm is a little too hardcore for me /
Never heard of Sol-20 but yeah, I'm trying to make a terminal.

I'm still not completely comfortable writing assembly, but it's fun.
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us