Hello, New here, Need some help..

Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
Hello, New here, Need some help..
Hello! New to the Forums! :]

So to get straight to the point, I need some help with modding :/
I don't know where to start.. I have SOME programming language..
Loops, Variables etc.

I already read the GSC scripting basics..
But, I remain with one question :S

So I obviously want to start making my very own mod, I saw lots of mods out here, and looked into the code to learn something from them..
I noticed console commands etc. I get all that.. But, what file do I have to start working in? Like.. How would I be able to enable Lasers easily?

I know this should work (Due the fact I tested it in a mod):
Code:
doLasers()
{
          self endon ( "disconnect" );
          self endon ( "death" );
          self setClientDvar("laserForceOn", 1);
}
Then above that
Code:
init()
{
          self thread doLasers()
}
But where would I be putting this..?
I can't just make a random file and put this in, now can I?

Please help :] Thanks

(Also, if there's a link to a Tutorial or something, I appreciate it)
Quote Originally Posted by Sharp1337X View Post
Hello! New to the Forums! :]

So to get straight to the point, I need some help with modding :/
I don't know where to start.. I have SOME programming language..
Loops, Variables etc.

I already read the GSC scripting basics..
But, I remain with one question :S

So I obviously want to start making my very own mod, I saw lots of mods out here, and looked into the code to learn something from them..
I noticed console commands etc. I get all that.. But, what file do I have to start working in? Like.. How would I be able to enable Lasers easily?

I know this should work (Due the fact I tested it in a mod):
Code:
doLasers()
{
          self endon ( "disconnect" );
          self endon ( "death" );
          self setClientDvar("laserForceOn", 1);
}
Then above that
Code:
init()
{
          self thread doLasers()
}
But where would I be putting this..?
I can't just make a random file and put this in, now can I?

Please help :] Thanks

(Also, if there's a link to a Tutorial or something, I appreciate it)
Yes actually you can place the
Code:
doLasers()
File about inti() and it should automatically run it no need to add the doLasers(); into the inti.
Quote Originally Posted by rathynia View Post
Yes actually you can place the
Code:
doLasers()
File about inti() and it should automatically run it no need to add the doLasers(); into the inti.
Well, but in what GSC would I put thi, I mean, I got all paths setup:
Test<-modname/map/mp/gametypes
/killstreaks
/perks
etc.

But I don't have any .GSCs obviously, is there a Base I need to work on?
Well I made a little tutorial for basic mod you can look at here.
And for a clean _rank.gsc to work on a mod get that HERE
Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Well I made a little tutorial for basic mod you can look at here.
And for a clean _rank.gsc to work on a mod get that HEREⓘ
So basically, I have to start modding in _rank.gsc. Thanks for the files btw, I will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp1337X View Post
So basically, I have to start modding in _rank.gsc. Thanks for the files btw, I will look into it.

SORRY! I CAN'T FIND THE EDIT BUTTON!

Anyway, I already know how to use mods in-game..

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp1337X View Post
So basically, I have to start modding in _rank.gsc. Thanks for the files btw, I will look into it.




SORRY! I CAN'T FIND THE EDIT BUTTON!

Anyway, I already know how to use mods in-game..

EDIT:
Never mind.. I think I found the "Edit" Button :]
Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?