External harddrive install (Ubuntu)
Ok so I'm sick of windows (who isn't) and I really like ubuntu. I even have a persistent install on a 2GB flashdrive. Let's face it, 1GB isn't enough space. We have a 500GB seagate external harddrive from when I got a virus on our computer. ( I don't understand why it's 500GB, or computer has barely more than 200) So I might as well put it to use. My dad has admin rights on vista and a firewall so I can't do ANYTHING. A 15 year old tech savvy kid can't live like that. I'm currently learning c++ and I need to experiment with things.
So I would be installing it right now but I have a question. I have seen that you take out the internal harddrive as a precaution. Do I NEED to do that. If I don't HAVE too, then I really don't want to. Is if really necessary? If I don't take it out what are the problems that can arise? What possibly can happen to the MBR?
Like I said I'm savvy in this kind of stuff and I know what to do, I just need reassurance. Thanks for your help.
Oh by the way it's lucid lynx and I have an HP pavilion desktop.
*
(I posted the same thread on the ubuntu forum. No replies >.<, hoping you guys can help.)
So I would be installing it right now but I have a question. I have seen that you take out the internal harddrive as a precaution. Do I NEED to do that. If I don't HAVE too, then I really don't want to. Is if really necessary? If I don't take it out what are the problems that can arise? What possibly can happen to the MBR?
Like I said I'm savvy in this kind of stuff and I know what to do, I just need reassurance. Thanks for your help.
Oh by the way it's lucid lynx and I have an HP pavilion desktop.
*
(I posted the same thread on the ubuntu forum. No replies >.<, hoping you guys can help.)

