Need help with this problem

Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
Need help with this problem
This is what it says:
Write the equation for the lines which are at a distance of 3 units from the line x-5y+10=0
I don't get it at all. Help?
Quote Originally Posted by thegreatn00b View Post
y = - 15 x try that...
For one, that isn't what I'm looking for.
And another, you did it wrong.

x-5y+10=0
+5y from both sides
x + 10 = 5y
Divide by 2 from 10 and 5
y = (1)x + 2

I don't know how you got -15x...
By "3 units away" you mean the distance when the lines are parallel? If that's so it shouldn't be too hard, you just have to know some of this: trig functions
Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us