AngryRifle scope texture not changing

Posts 1–15 of 19 · Page 1 of 2
Rifle scope texture not changing
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am at a loss. I made a custom sniper scope and tried to inject it into UI_HUD_INFO.rez, as I learnt to do with scope textures, went in game and the scope texture was still that crappy green reticule. I looked into it and read that scope textures are now controlled by UI_HUD_Weapon.rez and WeaponInfo.rez. I tried injecting into both of these (wasn't found in WeaponInfo) and the scope texture was still the same. Why won't the texture change? I spent an hour or so making a realistic mil-dot reticule and now I want to use it...
u change UI_HUD_Weapon.rezNew in UI_HUD_Weapon.rez
Oh christ, I'm so sorry. I ALWAYS forget to do that. Please forgive my dumb question...
Quote Originally Posted by Specktre View Post
Oh christ, I'm so sorry. I ALWAYS forget to do that. Please forgive my dumb question...
no problem

/req close
I'm not sure if I should make a new thread somewhere else or not, but now the scope texture doesnt show up... When I zoom in, there is NO scope overlay at all. What's wrong now? I can upload my texture in .tga or .dtx if that would help?
UI_HUD_Weapon.rezNew to UI_HUD_Weapon.rez and delete the old one
I've done that, but now when I zoom in, no scope texture shows on screen.
Should I upload the file? I think maybe its the way I saved the image...
Quote Originally Posted by Specktre View Post
I've done that, but now when I zoom in, no scope texture shows on screen.
u still have the old file?
i think u could put your new edit the old features too...
old things what was last files only change scope mode...
u need old file things too in file so i think he shows too textures...?
All the other files in the .rez are untouched. Is it okay if I upload my .tga or .dtx to this site? Do I need to post a virus scan?
is it converted to nexon not lith tec and wrong section btw
Speck upload it to Media-Fire and PM me the link. I'll fix it for you as soon as i get back from cliff diving (later today). Upload it as a DTX in a RAR file.
leave a pm and ill help
I've figured it out. When I made the scope, I saved it as a .tga file which defaulted to a LithTec. I needed to use DTXConvert (thanks BlackAngel) to convert it to a Nexon and it worked perfectly. Sorry for wasting your time. Should I upload it? I've been doing a lot better with this reticule. I made it look realistic from a scope I have (its a FinDot, for any gun enthusiasts/ ex mil out there). The Holdover doesn't really do anything (as CA has no ballistics), it's just there for realism. Here is an image of the scope for anyone that want's to see:

File:Findot reticle 2.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Am I allowed to put that link there?
i was right
and fk u if this was solved dont bump it up when it in the wrong section
Quote Originally Posted by BenXer View Post
i was right
and fk u if this was solved dont bump it up when it in the wrong section
QFT.

just came back and saw pointless threads in wrong sections.
Posts 1–15 of 19 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?