[Question] Viusal Basic 2008 Express?

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
[Question] Viusal Basic 2008 Express?
Hey guys.. if i download vb 08 express edition.. i know its a kinda lame ques..
but is that the same as the vb.net? so can i use the sources from a vb.net app?
VB.NET is the language of Visual Basic using .NET framework.
Visual Basic 2008 express is the IDE provided by Microsoft to code at, compile, etc...

It's not a language...
Quote Originally Posted by h40xer View Post
Hey guys.. if i download vb 08 express edition.. i know its a kinda lame ques..
but is that the same as the vb.net? so can i use the sources from a vb.net app?
But yes, you can use the"Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition" IDE to write .NET applications and compile them
Why VB 08 Express When you can get VB 10 Express?
Quote Originally Posted by Web-Designer View Post
Why VB 08 Express When you can get VB 10 Express?
Some people prefer '08 to 10. Apparently 2010 has some glitches or some crap.

I have VS2010 and VB 2008 express lol
2010 is great, But yes, there are some major issues (even still) and unless your proficient at vb, I would stick with 08 for a while, i would expect Microsoft to update the crap out of 2010 (hotfixes, Extensions, service packs, etc. ,
Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
2010 is great, But yes, there are some major issues (even still) and unless your proficient at vb, I would stick with 08 for a while, i would expect Microsoft to update the crap out of 2010 (hotfixes, Extensions, service packs, etc. ,
Yeah I noticed that, I was getting soooo many weird errors when using C++ in VS2010 so I went back to C++ express 2008 and copy and pasted the code I'd been writing in VS2010 and what do you know, no errors -.-

i.e

Code:
'Do' is not a registered identifier
Or some crap like that, when clearly it is
2010 is buggy. Doesn't save my projects half the time
VB 2010 didn't let me dim properly
2010 works for me. are you running a 32 bit or 64?
Quote Originally Posted by consca View Post
2010 works for me. are you running a 32 bit or 64?
It works for sure, it just bugs sometimes.
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?