QuestionWill Black Ops be using the same engine as MW2?

Posts 1–15 of 24 · Page 1 of 2
Will Black Ops be using the same engine as MW2?
Hey

Ok, so I'm banned on MW2, I must have used a rank hack incorrectly Only hack I've used, anyway I wanna purchase Black Ops for my main account which has MW2 Vac Banned.

My question is, am I able to put Black Ops on this account without getting banned on it for having the same engine as MW2's?

Cheers and hope for a answer, just say if it will run MW2's engine or not
Quote Originally Posted by Benbrah95 View Post
Hey

Ok, so I'm banned on MW2, I must have used a rank hack incorrectly Only hack I've used, anyway I wanna purchase Black Ops for my main account which has MW2 Vac Banned.

My question is, am I able to put Black Ops on this account without getting banned on it for having the same engine as MW2's?

Cheers and hope for a answer, just say if it will run MW2's engine or not
if u buy black ops for that account u will still be banned cos black ops uses VAC just create a new account or use an account thats not vac banned. and no black ops doesnt use same engine as mw2, black ops uses cod 5 engine which uses cod 4 engine and its heavily modified.
Cheers rowan but you got it wrong I'm only banned on MW2's engine, which is why I asked, I can still play every other game on my account except for Modern Warfare 2
BO is not going to use the engine CoD4/CoD6 used.
Yaaaaay, so I'll be safe to put Black Ops onto the account?! DD
The engine has nothing 2 do with VAC Bans.
Quote Originally Posted by Blubb1337 View Post
The engine has nothing 2 do with VAC Bans.
yes but ur account is VAC banned so u cant play another VAC support games on it or u will just be banned on black ops. so just create another account or ur sub account use play black ops on there.
Quote Originally Posted by rowan112 View Post
yes but ur account is VAC banned so u cant play another VAC support games on it or u will just be banned on black ops. so just create another account or ur sub account use play black ops on there.
Do you by any chance have any Idea how VAC works?

If he has MW2 banned and buys BO on the same account, BO will NOT be banned as well. Engine bans only apply to source games like CS:S and TF2.

Due to the fact that BO does not run on the same engine as MW2 he will be safe even if the above did apply.

BO=Updated W@W engine
MW2=Updated CoD4 engine.
Modern Warfare 2 is running on IW4 engine. Black Ops will run on World at War engine (which itself was improved from Call of Duty 4's), and Modern Warfare 2 IW4 engine is improved COD4 engine as well.
The answer you want is: make a new account

Shorter and "straight up" version:
Call Of Duty 4 is running on IW engine.
Modern Warfare 2 is running on IW4 engine, which is just an improved version from COD4.
Black Ops will run on World At War engine, which is just an improved version from COD4 as well.
VAC bans a games serial, not account, if you buy mw2, get banned, and then get a new mw2 serial key and install it on the same account you would be fine. so no, you wont be banned on BO
I think I have summed up everything in my last post.

Engine bans only apply to games running on the Source engine. Everything else you just get banned from that one game.
rowan, you don't even know how VAC works. VAC bans you on the game that it suspected you of cheating on (or the game it randomly wanted to ban you from), not in any other game. If that would be the case (all games getting blocked by 1 false or actually proper V AC ban), then I would have already friggin' flew to the US just to friggin' sue Valve even thought I'm not 18 yet (would have asked my mother or some stuff).

EDIT: Wait what..? If it bans you from Source game then you can say cya to all Source games you have? What a shitty idea.
If you get VAC banned from a source game you banned from them all. ONLY source games though.

And VAC cant give out false bans. Well it did at one point, but that was an overlook/mistake by the people handing out updates.
Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
If you get VAC banned from a source game you banned from them all. ONLY source games though.

And VAC cant give out false bans. Well it did at one point, but that was an overlook/mistake by the people handing out updates.
Ok... If I get banned on MW 2 while I also have Black Ops on my account, will Black Ops get banned as well?
Just asking, I'm making a new account anyway, even tho I'm not banned yet, but it wouldn't be nice if i would get banned during the first week of Black Ops.
Love you all
I have no idea probbably
Posts 1–15 of 24 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us