Finding Direct3D Device Pointer
No one better not try linking me to this tutorial: http://www.mpgh.net/forum/279-call-d...e-pointer.html
I have been there, I have searched for days, and I have asked people and no one will f*cking help me, at least the little help they attempt to give is completely useless. I am on the brink of snapping, and all I want to do is find the Direct3D Device Pointer in Left 4 Dead 2. Now, I have attempted Void's tutorial with Olly, well, I don't get past step 1 because there is absolutely no calls to "Direct3DCreate9", I tried something HD told me using c++ and doing Direct3DCreate9 then taking the IDirect3D handle or whatever and adding 0x40 to it. Not quite sure what he was telling me to do, but it obviously didn't work. And at this point I have searched my ass off in olly for any sign of it. I asked one of my friends about finding it, and he lol'd then copy/pasted a section of ASM into our conversation
then stopped replying. I can see in that code that they put the pointer in ecx. But, that's not from l4d2, and he wont explain how the hell he found it. Now I would absolutely love it if someone just came out and posted the pointer, but I would like it more if someone could actually help me find it, so I can find future pointers.
Thanks in advance
~lilneo
I have been there, I have searched for days, and I have asked people and no one will f*cking help me, at least the little help they attempt to give is completely useless. I am on the brink of snapping, and all I want to do is find the Direct3D Device Pointer in Left 4 Dead 2. Now, I have attempted Void's tutorial with Olly, well, I don't get past step 1 because there is absolutely no calls to "Direct3DCreate9", I tried something HD told me using c++ and doing Direct3DCreate9 then taking the IDirect3D handle or whatever and adding 0x40 to it. Not quite sure what he was telling me to do, but it obviously didn't work. And at this point I have searched my ass off in olly for any sign of it. I asked one of my friends about finding it, and he lol'd then copy/pasted a section of ASM into our conversation
Code:
.text:00490045 call D3DXMatrixPerspectiveFovLH .text:0049004A mov ecx, dword_7E4CE0 ; D3D device pointer .text:00490050 mov eax, [ecx] .text:00490052 mov edx, [eax]
Thanks in advance
~lilneo
