Questionumm TabControl Help

Posts 1–15 of 20 · Page 1 of 2
umm TabControl Help
so does any body know how to add a button to the tabstrip when clicked creates a new tab and it is always located after all the tabs to the left.
Lol.

In the properties.
Quote Originally Posted by o0OpurezO0o View Post
Lol.

In the properties.


[php]TabControl1.TabPages.Add("MPGH")[/php]
Quote Originally Posted by master131 View Post


[php]TabControl1.TabPages.Add("MPGH")[/php]
You can actually add it via the properties /

TabPages: (collection)[...]

Then just add tabpages.
Quote Originally Posted by master131 View Post


[php]TabControl1.TabPages.Add("MPGH")[/php]
Oh yes, The System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.TabPages.Add(...) method doesn't have an overload where a lone string is accepted. /:
Quote Originally Posted by freedompeace View Post
Oh yes, The System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.TabPages.Add(...) method doesn't have an overload where a lone string is accepted. /:
It does actually. /

However, the tabpage won't have the same look as the other tabpages.

[php]
TabControl1.TabPages.Add(New TabPage With {.Text = "MPGH", .BackColor = Color.White})
[/php]

Will give it the same look as a default TabPage.
Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
I think he wants a add tab button like chrome, in which case he can take the lazy way and do it like firefox and use an actual tab (or they used to) or actually create a custom control to look cleaner (like chromes bowser)
You probably know this, but thers wont, so let me help anyone who doesnt with this statement - the tabs in Chrome are just a visual representation of the different rednerer instances that you have. They're not stored or have other controls - it's just a way to help humans understand and use the software - hidden tabs are not rendered, saving both CPU time and memory. IE COM controls in TabControls, however, DO render web pages, web when not shown in the active TabPage. Thus, TabControls (System.Windows.Forms.TabControl) isn't exactly the best way to make a browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post


It does actually. /

However, the tabpage won't have the same look as the other tabpages.

[php]
TabControl1.TabPages.Add(New TabPage With {.Text = "MPGH", .BackColor = Color.White})
[/php]

Will give it the same look as a default TabPage.
Well you see, you're passing a new TabControl parameter there, not a string as was done in the post I had quoted above. (mobile mode now)
I swear I posted a perfect solution to this before. Search please.
I think he wants a add tab button like chrome, in which case he can take the lazy way and do it like firefox and use an actual tab (or they used to) or actually create a custom control to look cleaner (like chromes bowser)
Yeah, I vaguely remember Veneet's article, IE8 has a similar setup.
In general it is how browsers work.

Sometimes though the more practical solution is the best for a developer.
so nobody knos how to add a button to a tabcontrol??
Quote Originally Posted by hopefordope View Post
so nobody knos how to add a button to a tabcontrol??
Make a custom user control, thats it. You can add as many things as you want with your own choice of layout and stuff. If you need help regarding custom control, feel free to ask.
Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post


Make a custom user control, thats it. You can add as many things as you want with your own choice of layout and stuff. If you need help regarding custom control, feel free to ask.
What I said
Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post


What I said
I never said, I am better than you !! Calm down !! /
ok... so how do you create a custom control???
Posts 1–15 of 20 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?