[Help] Ideas

Posts 1–15 of 31 · Page 1 of 3
[Help] Ideas
I'm currently building a system to share black ops textures.

You will be able to submit your texture for a specific weapon, equipment or such.

Texturepacks will not be supported YET.

Users may then browse through all files and take a look at the screenshot. It will also automatically give infromation whether the CRC/Length are fixxed.

Each texture and each uploader will have a own page(like a profile).

Texture page example:

[Screenshot]

File information...

Download button...

This let's you easily share a texture.

Uploader page example:

All released textured will be listed here:

Furthermore you can see how many downloads the user got so far for each texture and for all textures in total.

The system keeps an advanced track of all uploads, downloads and users in general.

The system also features statistics like:

Top X Creators
Favourite Categorys(f.e. Ak47)
Favourite Textures
Newest Uploads
etc.

Furthermore there will be:
- Approval System
- Bansystem
- and much more

So, what I want from you is, to give me ideas.

Let's say you want to build a system to share textures within a community. What would you implement.


Oh and if you now think: ZOMFG NO Q_Q HEZ GUNNA USE TEH OVARUSED DOTNETBAR!!!

1. I'm going to use Telerik for controls.
2. The general form will be designed by mah rapist boi House.
Sounds interesting.
Rating system (Eg 1 star/5stars).
Comments.
Don't cram in everything. Have a nice GUI with space.

Will think of more for you
so its gonna be like a online browser that we can search through without having to navigate through mpgh to find the thread etc and download...

i like.

im in


EDIT: my idea.

Name of Texture: blueflamethrower
author: toobaslut
iw location: iw_07
crc fixed: Y/N
mini thumbnail screenshot; or bit bigger nothing to take ages to load.
and download link which i think would be from your server/updater..
and just a button to refresh the database when people upload shit.
Quote Originally Posted by JamesA1994 View Post
Rating system (Eg 1 star/5stars).
Comments.
Don't cram in everything. Have a nice GUI with space.

Will think of more for you
Very nice idea

Gonna involve the rating system!
Comments, not yet. In a further version :P

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline. View Post
so its gonna be like a online browser that we can search through without having to navigate through mpgh to find the thread etc and download...

i like.

im in
First off, it will be in program form(desktop application) later on, I will also make a homepage for it. So you can browse through it online and with the desktop app.
Quote Originally Posted by Skyline. View Post
and just a button to refresh the database when people upload shit.
Screw a button. Just have it refresh on a timer...
Quote Originally Posted by JamesA1994 View Post
Screw a button. Just have it refresh on a timer...
Button is better. It will lagg less :P

EDIT: my idea.

Name of Texture: blueflamethrower
author: toobaslut
iw location: iw_07
crc fixed: Y/N
mini thumbnail screenshot; or bit bigger nothing to take ages to load.
and download link which i think would be from your server/updater..
and just a button to refresh the database when people upload shit.
Downloads/Uploads will run over my server(.******).

Thinking about doing little signatures to share textures. That would be pretty awesome

I might also feature different views for the textures "profiles".

And the system is going to have a report system for reporting broken screenshots, downloads and such...
Quote Originally Posted by Blubb1337 View Post
Button is better. It will lagg less :P
Not that much less if its on a 2min - 5min timer.
Also, My opinion, The web looks shit. Applications look 1million times better.
Quote Originally Posted by JamesA1994 View Post
Not that much less if its on a 2min - 5min timer.
Also, My opinion, The web looks shit. Applications look 1million times better.
There are also telerik controls for teh webz.

Telerik controls + House = Awzum design even for teh webz.

As I said, I'd only do it if I'm fully done with the desktop app.

I'm not even sure if I'm going to do a webedition :P.

Any further ideas for "system" such as rating system or so?
Quote Originally Posted by Blubb1337 View Post
There are also telerik controls for teh webz.

Telerik controls + House = Awzum design even for teh webz.

As I said, I'd only do it if I'm fully done with the desktop app.

I'm not even sure if I'm going to do a webedition :P.

Any further ideas for "system" such as rating system or so?
simples the way to go.
get simple completed;
then do fancy stuff
you two can handle the coding crap im more of a layout guy lol..
Quote Originally Posted by Skyline. View Post
you two can handle the coding crap im more of a layout guy lol..
Well then I think a timer looks better
Lol.
Will the admins moderate from a client or on the web like your login sys?
Taking my idea into action I see

But you seem to have everything needed. Just some ratings and comments. Also, if you do it for a web page, would there be ways to do like a profile thing? To see all the other uploads from a certain person. Or maybe just a small button that will simply show the other uploads as well.
Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
Taking my idea into action I see

But you seem to have everything needed. Just some ratings and comments. Also, if you do it for a web page, would there be ways to do like a profile thing? To see all the other uploads from a certain person. Or maybe just a small button that will simply show the other uploads as well.
I mentioned that. Every user has a viewable profile.
Make it easy and not like...
"Ohh there's a button... And there's another... Hey another button again... I love buttons... Ohh and another one... Buttons Buttons Buttons... I really love buttons <3.. ohh what's this button for ? *deleted all*"
Posts 1–15 of 31 · Page 1 of 3
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?