Gellin's V4 Base

Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
Gellin's V4 Base
Hey guys,
I am finally starting to code some shit for personal reasons, so I can get to learn how to put what i've learned in C++ to action.
I am trying to learn what I can to make a private hack for myself to mess around with and do some testing with, but I have run into some problems...


This is my problem here, I don't know whether my SDK is working properly or not, cuz that's an obvious part of the D3D9 SDK, so can someone help me out to fix this issue?
did u link the library files
Quote Originally Posted by scimmyboy View Post
did u link the library files
Such as, right here?
so what is the error visual studio is giving you
Quote Originally Posted by scimmyboy View Post
so what is the error visual studio is giving you

So... Should I just do the includes like this:

I know that's not proper by FAR, but I have been trying all kinds of shit to try to get the includes linked, but it's not working very well for me. :-/

EDIT:

This is what it looked like before I played with it.

EDIT2:
Here's another thing that kinda flagged something weird. I also can't change the includes directories for some reason, they're ALL greyed out, and the SDK directory code it HAS isn't correct for my machine...
It says:
Code:
$(FrameworkSDKDir)\include
But yet, my SDK includes directory is:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Include

EDIT#3:
OMG TOTAL DUMBASS. :P I GOT MAD AT IT, AND DIDN'T REALIZE MY ERRORS. I FIXED IT... See this: and compare it with the includes directory I just put up there. :P I got it working now.

EDIT#4:
Now... For the NEXT problem.

I got the includes fixed, now I just need to know how to link VS to the d3dx9.lib properly, cuz I get this error now...
Rather than include the entire filpath of your includes, which will probably build up over time (d3dx.h, d3d9.h, d3dtypes.h..) and be really difficult to change.

Just add the directory to your includes and viola, remove the directory path and leave the files.

EG. #include <d3d9.h>
$(DXSDK_DIR)\Include
$(DXSDK_DIR)\Lib\x86
LOL FAIL This is the easiest for coders
Quote Originally Posted by justiniscool5 View Post
LOL FAIL This is the easiest for coders
[quote=justiniscool5;3432770]

You cant code so you shouldnt be talking
Stupid ass
Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?