[Help] 2 Questions...

Posts 1–15 of 25 · Page 1 of 2
Okay first off I'm learning to code right now with learncpp.com and it's going kinda well right now. I'm learning a few stuff but I, of course, still have some questions that the tutorial or guide or whatever doesn't tell me.

First question: What is the function of DoPrint()? It is at 1.4 — A first look at functions Learn C++
(Hopefully this wont be advertising even though it kind of is an outside link ...) Is it important? Like... Should I know what it does?

2nd question: I'm using Visual C++ 2010 right now. Is there another complier that's better? (if it isn't a compiler then ma bad :P) Or does that not matter either? lol

Last question:
Code:
using namespace std;
cout << "Hi?" << endl;
If I use using namespace std; in something like that code, do I have to put std::cout / std::endl?
Thanks in advance!

Also, one more question. (Hopefully this will go into the main thread i cannot edit it because my school laptop is retarded...)
Does anyone have a better guide to learning C++ than this? Cuz if you do then I would like to start that one before I get too far into this one.

Also another one more question lol. In learncpp.com it says to use win32 console application or something like that. Should I use something else? Because I remember someone saying that I should use a different one or just open a new project a different way.
Well if you don't know what a function does you can go to the MSDN and look it up. If you said using namespace STD then u do NOT have to do STD:cout. Sorry on my iPod text will be a little sloppy but you get the point. I'll upload a better C++ tutorial tomorrow but learncpp will work.
Quote Originally Posted by fukojr2 View Post
Well if you don't know what a function does you can go to the MSDN and look it up. If you said using namespace STD then u do NOT have to do STD:cout. Sorry on my iPod text will be a little sloppy but you get the point. I'll upload a better C++ tutorial tomorrow but learncpp will work.
Thank you for MDSN rep+
Quote Originally Posted by Unicow View Post
Thank you for MDSN rep+
Feel free to PM me I'd you have any more questions I would be glad to help
Buy a book.
Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post
Buy a book.
I would +1 if I wasnt on my iPod.
Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post
Buy a book.
Can't afford one, I'm 15, don't get an allowance and don't know how to find a job! ^^;

Anyways I tried using a college leveled textbook and I barely understood ANYTHING. It was a college leveled textbook for beginning C++.
Quote Originally Posted by Unicow View Post
Can't afford one, I'm 15, don't get an allowance and don't know how to find a job! ^^;

Anyways I tried using a college leveled textbook and I barely understood ANYTHING. It was a college leveled textbook for beginning C++.
ask your parents to buy you one. if you give them a good reason(s) they probably will.
Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post


ask your parents to buy you one. if you give them a good reason(s) they probably will.
Can you help me with a reason...? Cuz I'm korean and so are my parents, obviously, so their like the... Study every second of your life people... They don't care about me being able to code or program lol :P
Quote Originally Posted by Unicow View Post
Can you help me with a reason...? Cuz I'm korean and so are my parents, obviously, so their like the... Study every second of your life people... They don't care about me being able to code or program lol :P
Being korean really isn't related to strict parents. My school is almost 10% korean, and their parents are really laid back. This one kid of a 20 on his test and his parent didnt freak out that badly.

And my schools stats say that my school is 48% asian, so nobody being whitewashed.
if they don't buy you a book then what has humanity come to?
Primer C/C++ is one of my favorite
Tell them you want to go into the ICT world to make millions, and that you want a head start on programming! that should do the trick
Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post


Being korean really isn't related to strict parents. My school is almost 10% korean, and their parents are really laid back. This one kid of a 20 on his test and his parent didnt freak out that badly.

And my schools stats say that my school is 48% asian, so nobody being whitewashed.
You should try going to Korea. You would be surprised how many parents are super strict.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
Tell them you want to go into the ICT world to make millions, and that you want a head start on programming! that should do the trick
I would like to know what ICT is first o-o
Come on man. I'm 13, and I have over 1500$ spending money. Go mow peoples lawns for 20$ each, wash cars, sell lemonade, the little things add up. I was my lawn every week for 20$ in Spring~Fall. That's how I buy NX Cash. My dad fully supports programming so he buys me any book I want, as he also is a programmer. Don't make lame excuses like your 15.
Quote Originally Posted by Unicow View Post
I would like to know what ICT is first o-o
Information and Communications Technology
Posts 1–15 of 25 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us