[Preview] Loyalty Tool

Posts 31–40 of 40 · Page 3 of 3
Clearing things up.
First off I already explained the reason behind it. Second am taking out the auto update feature. Considering I understand peoples fear of security.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
it would move distribution away from mpgh, and result in spam to get required post and thank counts
Mainly I am making this for the hacks that you do not want to get abused incorrectly. Also it would be more secure to the fact that the Nexon forums would not be able to receive the info. Also if they did... that would mean that they would have had to do some work to get it in the first place, and I don't see anyone trying that hard. The hacking background I come from is... "Stay open but keep you're secrets underground." Meaning do what you want but make sure you're untraceable. Which is what many fail to do.

Anyways releases can and will still be made through MPGH. There is no stopping that.

Quote Originally Posted by Funktasticmo View Post
sounds fishy to me :\ not sure the point tho.. if someone is loyal and deserves a hack then they have PMs to send it around with
Your correct, there is the capability of sending PM's to everyone who deserves them. But really? It's time consuming and more leechers send PM's asking for hacks rather than people who deserve them... My method is simple and straight to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by monophobic View Post
so its like a mpgh internet explorer kinda thing?
In a way yes, but no. I just embedded a web browser just so you can view the mpgh forums without having to have multiple windows open. You can still open your own web browser if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by sd999444 View Post
looks very nice, what will the requirements be if you don't mind me asking? (i might have met them already for all i know :P)
Thanks, and not decided yet. Trying to make it fair and secure at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
btw How did you make a log in screen that is connected to mpgh?
Do explain please
Nothing special but I'll PM you.


Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
Sounds good, but I can't approve it if it auto-updates. will have to discuss with a gmod first :3
edit: What language is it written in? maybe I can help out if needed ^^
Thanks, I'll leave auto update out for now. Also I will PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by UlRRvtk7 View Post
And I don't want to use some random internet hack-site person's autoupdating browser code. Browser code is buggy and prone to security issues enough when there are teams of experienced coders working on them. No offense intended to the OP but I don't trust the code on principle.

Besides, why go through that much trouble when you could just open your own personal forum an invite who you think is worth inviting?
For starters, no one will force you to download anything of mine.

I've been doing this for years. But, my code will not be "perfect" thus the reason I wanted to put in an auto update feature. So I could fix whatever problems I am told or that I come across, also if I ever wanted to add new content. But since it seems to be an issue I have no problem leaving that out.

My intentions are not to take away from the MPGH community considering I have no problem with it, and actually feel quite accustomed to being here. Therefore I would not make a forum and try to steal members from this site.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrobryant View Post
Hmmm, only thing that sucks is the ones of us that dont have post requirement but we have been 100% loyal *hint hint*
I understand where you're coming from, but these limitations are made for the purpose of security. I've said in other threads that there are many trust worthy people, and that post/thanks/thanked count isn't a necessity to those people. But it is hard to tell who those people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Loedi View Post
Is thiis the best way to secure hacks in mpgh vindictus section ? Easiest way will be making sub forum that require post count and thank count. I know that leechers can spam for post count but thanks count its not easy to aquire .
True they could do that, but the only way I'm fond of accomplishing that with vbulletin is through title requirements. If they did that, it would completely make my days easier though lmao. Not that I don't want to make this tool or anything, but people fail to realize that coding is a lot of work. It's not just a wave your hands and POOF! There you go type thing lol.
Is there a preview of required post and thanks? I'd like a good heads up a day before release.!
Closed
Good luck on releasing it
I was gonna stop working on this since my thread was closed for no reason, but now that the matter is handled. I will continue working on this project. Although I can't seem to edit the OP. But the release will be delayed to let everyone know.
Quote Originally Posted by The_Ku View Post
I was gonna stop working on this since my thread was closed for no reason, but now that the matter is handled. I will continue working on this project. Although I can't seem to edit the OP. But the release will be delayed to let everyone know.
I can edit stuff into the first post for you, let me know what =)
Well if you get it done, you better let us all know
Looks amazing. Looks like tons of effort put into this. Excellent work! Keep it up! =)
Now make it so only users on the white-list can download hacks
I hate leechers
Quote Originally Posted by Ken Jeong View Post
Now make it so only users on the white-list can download hacks
I hate leechers
Sounds useful.
Posts 31–40 of 40 · Page 3 of 3
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?